China Foreign Teachers Now Protected By Privacy Act

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

Grizzly
Rising Star

Re: China Foreign Teachers Now Protected By Privacy Act

Unread post by Grizzly »

This is really great news because I am tired of "posing" in my classroom for marketing material that has false claims in Chinese. My Chinese boss even told two Chinese parents I graduated from NYU when I never even set foot on that campus!
GTunion

Unread post by GTunion »

That's great news for all the ESL Teachers in China. I hope this new amendment helps in building a better relationship between foreign employees and Chinese employers, which is basically seen with Good Teachers Union.
Saturn
Rising Star

Unread post by Saturn »

"Good Teachers Union"??? Is this a joke? If not what is your SAIC license number? Who are the people involved and where are they based? (address)
Norman
Rising Star

Unread post by Norman »

Thank God! I am so sick of schools that just post your white teacher face all over the internet in hundreds of ads and on flyers with quotes you never said about how great the teaching staff is and god knows what else because most of their propaganda is in Chinese. One school I worked with before posted photos of teachers even after they left the school and no matter where they were really from, the parents were always told they were Americans! In reality many were from Serbia, Poland, Portugal etc!