Russian age limit law?

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Josef Essberger

jmczzz

Russian age limit law?

Unread post by jmczzz »

I have been turned down for several Jobs In Russia. The latest one said The laws prevented them from hiring me. This was in Moscow. My guess is they are referring to my age (above 75). I asked them politely as a matter of information what law they were referring to but no reply. Does anyone know specifically the law in Russia concerning an age limit to working there?
Thank you, James
MTE1369

Re: Russian age limit law?

Unread post by MTE1369 »

Informal internet search indicates NO max-age....

Its not always about age, based on personal experience its also based on level of energy, do u come across as old?
jmczzz

Unread post by jmczzz »

I don't see how I did not make it to the actual interview stage. Maybe I used "old words". lol
I actually did say I was not a TV clown to one that was an online teaching position.
Most of the new hip online companies recruiting to teach in China seem to want that type. I am more a Mr. Rogers type. But of course, he is dead. So anyone looking for a truck driver with 3 BAs, a Ms. Ed, and 20+ yrs experience k-12 and adult in all possible teaching environments? hahaha
thank you for the encouragement, James
MTE1369

Unread post by MTE1369 »

truck driver with 3 BAs, a MS. Ed, and 20+ yrs experience k-12 and adult in all possible teaching environments... and driving a truck? something not right here....
jmczzz

Unread post by jmczzz »

Well, you could be calling me a liar! but I know you wouldn't do that. What is wrong is I am 77 years old. I have applied for every job I've seen in Central/Eastern Europe for the past 5 months. Would like to review my resume for me? I am looking for real info. Do you have any?
lera0226

Unread post by lera0226 »

Hello, I am Russian. There is no the law in Russia. There is a harmful common habit not to hire staff older 40-45 years old. I think they are idiots. My advice is to teach privately.
jmczzz

Unread post by jmczzz »

That is useful information. I am determined to live and work in Russia. My Grandmother left Russia as a young woman fleeing the Nazi invasion. She was an elegant lady educated in a classical manner there. I was fortunate to have been taught violin and painting by her. I have to live in Russia as my final bucket list entry. I will go there regardless. However, as I understand the visas if I had a job I could apply for a work visa of three years. So that is the most favorable. I will go on a tourist visa and attempt to find employment and change my status to a worker. I do appreciate your interest in my project. Do you have any other suggestions or information?
Thank you for you interest. James
lera0226

James, nice to know you. You are allowed to get pension and to work as much as you wish. Unfortunately it is hard to limit Putin....
lera0226

I can help you as I can. Let's exchange contacts. Send me a quick email.