Hi all. Finally going to do it!

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

david1806

Hi all. Finally going to do it!

Unread post by david1806 »

Hi...

So I've decided to finally use the TEFL course that I did - night classes at a college for a term. Including teaching - and I loved it! But I'm only interested in online.

I'm already in Thailand, so I'm happy to start right at the bottom, on the lowest pay, and build up my experience, taking however long it takes. From what I've read, you can earn more the more experienced and known that you get. That sounds great......I have the time!

Please do pop by and say hello.... and of course, feel free to chip in with any advice, that would be super appreciated! I'm going to start getting on the case tomorrow, try some of these companies to get started?

https://www.internationalteflacademy.co ... t-a-degree

Thanks in advance
David 👍
zakimasood

Re: Hi all. Finally going to do it!

Unread post by zakimasood »

Hey there,

It's fantastic to hear that you've decided to dive into the world of TEFL and online teaching! Teaching can be an incredibly rewarding experience, and your enthusiasm shines through. Starting from the bottom and gradually building up your experience is a solid approach. The journey can be both fulfilling and financially promising as you gain more expertise.

It's wonderful that you have the time and determination to dedicate to this venture. Thailand is a great place to be for this endeavor, given the demand for English language education. Taking the time to explore different online teaching companies and platforms is a smart move. This way, you can find the best fit for your teaching style and goals.

Remember, the online teaching landscape offers various opportunities, and each platform may have its unique requirements and expectations. Make sure to thoroughly research and read reviews about the companies you're considering. Building your online teaching presence and reputation may take time, but your dedication will pay off.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions along the way or if you want advice on specific aspects of online teaching. This community is here to support you! Best of luck as you embark on this exciting journey, and keep us updated on your progress.

Wishing you a fulfilling and successful TEFL teaching experience!
david1806

Unread post by david1806 »

Hi Zaki

That's a very kind and thoughtful reply, much appreciated!

I have indeed been researching companies and have decided I'm starting with Cambly and Skimatalk. Sending my applications in tomorrow. I did want to try italki too, but they are not taking English teachers this week. Apparently they update the languages they need each week?

If you can suggest any other platforms for me to check out, please do!!

Thanks again
David
MrGreg

Unread post by MrGreg »

Best of luck David!

Doesn't matter where you start, go in with a positive open mind and soak in the experience!
leon99
Rising Star

Unread post by leon99 »

That's fantastic that you're eager to begin your online teaching journey in Thailand! Teaching English online is a great way to expand your horizons and potentially earn a good income.