International house!!

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Josef Essberger

Richiewales

International house!!

Unread post by Richiewales »

Hello,

I am just wondering if anyone has heard or even used these for their CELTA certificate? Are they any good, reputable, would you recommend them?

I am especially interested in the 4 week intensive CELTA courses in kiev or riga. Has anybody been through these houses( so to speak:-)

They have schools all over the world. The write ups on their webpages sound very good indeed. Just need to know if they are worth it??

Thank you
Richard
Ellechim

Re: International house!!

Unread post by Ellechim »

Just completed the Part time Celta with International House Dublin. I found them excellent, but obviously not the destination you are after.

All I can say is do your pre-reading!
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Unread post by Alex Case »

International House does indeed have a good reputation for CELTA, in fact they started the qualification that became CELTA in London more than 30 years ago. My own doubts with them would be when there is a CELTA course available in the same town for considerably less, which does happen.
Richiewales

Unread post by Richiewales »

Thanks for the replies guys. The only reason I'm choosing kiev or riga (Kiev looks the better bet as they are the only ones who have contacted me) is basically for the price. It's 650 gbp for the 4 weeks. Where as if I did it here in the uk it would cost me well over 1000 gpb. Amazing how much more expensive it is!!! Unless you know of any cheaper but equally good ones??

Thank you again

Richard
systematic
Top Contributor

Unread post by systematic »

The difference in price is not an indication of quality - which is consistent among the IH locations. The difference is due to the lower staff salaries and costs of living in many countries, as for example (but not only) in Thailand. Candidates would however have to consider the extra costs of getting there.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.