A TEFL quiz for TEFL teachers
You can do this quiz online or print it on paper.
1. When you teach students how to look for specific details in a text you are showing them how to
2. When choosing extensive reading materials for English language learners, the level should be
3. Like the skill of listening, reading is typically classified as a
4. KWL asks students to determine what they
5. Simplified books that are written for English learners at specific reading levels are called
6. A reading task that asks "What's the main idea?" could also be worded this way:
7. What does the term "dumbing down" refer to in relation to ELL reading materials?
8. Words from different languages that have a common origin and are often similar in meaning are called
9. A person is considered a "fluent" reader if he can
10. When beginner readers demonstrate an understanding of individual sounds in spoken words, they have
Your score is: