To order a job ad click: www.tefl.net/post
🇨🇳❤️China: Teachers Needed at Shane English Schools
Posted By: Saxoncourt Shane English Schools China is offering adventurous educators the opportunity to work for one of the biggest British-owned language schools in Asia. For over 40 years Shane English Schools has been giving teachers the chance to teach and travel in 14 countries across the globe. An excellent starting block for new teachers looking to start their ESL career, Shane English Schools provides high-quality training for all new teachers, assistance getting set up in their new city, and competitive salary packages that allow teachers to live well, travel far, and lots.
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019
Shane English Schools China is offering adventurous educators the opportunity to work for one of the biggest British-owned language schools in Asia. For over 40 years Shane English Schools has been giving teachers the chance to teach and travel in 14 countries across the globe. An excellent starting block for new teachers looking to start their ESL career, Shane English Schools provides high-quality training for all new teachers, assistance getting set up in their new city, and competitive salary packages that allow teachers to live well, travel far, and lots.
Saxoncourt is the parent company and recruitment division of Shane English Schools China. We are currently looking for teachers to join our schools in Ningbo, Beijing, Nanjing, Shijiazhuang, Dalian, Yangzhou, Wuhan, Shenyang and Shaoxing.
What you get when you join the Shane English Schools team:
- One week of initial training to ensure you start your first day of teaching with confidence.
- Continuous academic support throughout the year from Academic Managers and Directors of Studies to ensure your professional progress.
- All courses have complete course guides and syllabus guides. This takes pressure off you (the teacher) and frees you to concentrate on how to develop your teaching, rather than worrying about what to teach.
Teaching Assistant with every class who will assist with marking homework, communicating with parents and classroom behaviour.
- Close welfare support. The school will meet you at the airport and assist with finding accommodation, setting up a bank account, getting a local sim card and general orientation.
- Lots of opportunities for career development (Teacher Management, Teacher Training, Marketing and Sales, Publishing, Teacher Recruitment) with Shane English Schools both nationally and internationally with schools all over Asia. As well as opportunities at the multiple head offices in varying departments.
- Become part of an international network and work with teachers from all over the world.
Easily move between cities or countries at the end of your contract. Shane English Schools is now in multiple cities in 14 countries across the world.
What does Shane English Schools China look for in a teacher:
- Teachers must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher and a 120-hour TEFL certificate.
- Due to government regulations, teachers must also hold a passport from one of the following counties: USA, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa.
- We look for teachers who will respect and embrace all the weird and wonderful aspects of Chinese culture and be respectful towards the people of China.
- As the bulk of Shane students fall between the ages of 3-12 years old, we look for teachers who can bring energy to the classroom and make each class an exciting experience.
- While Shane English Schools has a tailored curriculum for teachers to follow, we look for teachers who will add their own individual teaching style to the class in a way that encourages students to actively get involved and practice their speaking as much as possible.
What is included in the Shane English China salary package:
Salary packages vary from school to school and are mostly calculated based on the cost of living in each city. The exact figures for each school can be seen on the Featured Jobs page on the Saxoncourt website: www.saxoncourt.com
- Salary: 13,700 - 19,000 RMB
- Flight reimbursement: 4,000 - 5,000 RMB
- End of contract bonus: 3,000 - 8,000 RMB
- Z visa provided before you arrive.
- All visa costs within China will be covered.
- 22 days paid holiday per year (including 11 national holidays)
- Additional unpaid leave can also be taken.
- Health insurance paid for by the school.
- Airport pick and an arrival hotel will be provided.
Job description at Shane English Schools China:
- To teach English in a fun and engaging way based on the tailored Shane English Schools curriculum.
Students are aged 3 - 12 years old and divided into two main groups - very young learners (3-6) and young learners (7-12).
- Students are then divided into classes according to their ability.
- An assistant teacher will be present in every class.
- On weekdays, classes begin in the late afternoon and finish around 8/9pm
- On weekends glasses generally fall between 9 am - 5 pm.
- Teachers work 5 day weeks with 2 consecutive weekdays off.
- 20 - 27 teaching hours per week depending on the school.
- 5 - 10 office hours per week depending on the school.
- Any activities outside of teaching, such as meetings, Christmas shows, and demo classes will be paid as overtime.
How the application process works:
Step 1: Read through our Featured Jobs page and apply online at Saxoncourt.com
Step 2: The recruitment team will contact you and request your documents.
Step 3: Complete the online pre-interview task.
Step 4: Schedule an interview/discussion with one of our recruiters to discuss which school would be best suited to you.
Step 5: We’ll put you in touch with a staff member from the school to ask any detailed questions you may have.
Step 6: Sign the contract and the visa officer will begin the process of obtaining your Z visa.
NB: For a faster application, please email the Global Recruitment Manager directly at email@example.com. Please include your CV, and a copy of your degree, TEFL certificate, and your passport information page.
We look forward to hearing from you and discussing which school would be a good fit for you.