Textbook for seniors

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Josef Essberger

sarami

Textbook for seniors

Unread post by sarami »

I will be teaching three groups of seniors in the fall. There will be absolute beginners, intermediate, and advanced students. I am looking for textbooks. Currently, I'm using the English File series in some classes. I find there's a steep learning curve for students as they have to flip back and forth in the textbook, juggle multiple books (textbook, workbook, and a local language supplement) in addition to the online exercises. They make for a rich set of materials but keeping them sorted is tedious. Some students are not tech savvy and get frustrated. I read a post from a 2017 suggesting the Empower series but I'm curious if you have updated recommendations, especially recommendations of books that are easier to use. Thank you!
bidtrot

Re: Textbook for seniors

Unread post by bidtrot »

Thanks a lot for this!
geometry dash
eatflick

Unread post by eatflick »

1. Cambridge English Empower
Overview: This series is designed to be straightforward and user-friendly, with a clear structure that reduces the need for students to flip back and forth between sections. Each level includes a combination of print and online resources, but the online components are optional.snow rider
Pros: Integrated approach, single textbook per level, straightforward layout.
Cons: Some online components might still pose challenges for less tech-savvy students, but they are not mandatory.
2. Oxford's Navigate
Overview: Navigate offers a streamlined approach with a strong focus on clear navigation and user-friendly layout. The series includes both print and digital materials, but the digital elements are designed to complement the print materials without overwhelming the students.
Pros: User-friendly, minimal flipping required, strong focus on developing real-life communication skills.
Cons: Digital resources are available but can be avoided if not needed.
ementprevit

Unread post by ementprevit »

Nowadaysbasketball legends, technological development should be promoted. The students are all young so their access to technology will certainly not be too difficult. I am still using online lectures and sending document files to students and they are receiving them well.
sourwastes

Unread post by sourwastes »

"Touchstone" by Cambridge University Press for beginner