Went to SE Asia to get away from angry white men...turns out that's where the worst of them all live.

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

fe908

Went to SE Asia to get away from angry white men...turns out that's where the worst of them all live.

Unread post by fe908 »

I'm a female TEFL teacher from the US and last year moved to Vietnam and now in Malaysia. I don't wish to pigeon hole, but I can't help but notice how many egotistical, self-entitled and downright WEIRD white guys are in South East Asia. I'm sure you've all met the type before. The type who just teaches to fund their active life style of sexpatting, drinking, drugs and partying. I literally go to work every day having to hear my colleagues talk about how wasted they got last night and how amazing a brothel/massage parlor is...because clearly even with their white skin they still can't get a girl in Asia except when paying for it. But then the non-white teachers I meet are all settled down and married. I'm sure there are some perfectly sane white males teaching here but I swear to god most of them are just drunken perverted idiots who couldn't get a job back home...
MTE1369

Unread post by MTE1369 »

Not really sure what an “Angry White Man” is but here goes, Like you I am not going to pigeonhole/stereotype, but essentially you are correct about people “Drinking and Screwing” their way across the globe in the name of TEFL, (They do the same in Europe)what you fail to mention is that there are probably as many Women guilty of the same conduct you are slamming your male counterparts with (whether you are actually willing to admit that is another issue) Sad to say that many men pick that part of the world because of the “sex industry” and local attitudes that provide you can have sex with anything or anyone if you have the money... I am a retired Military Guy and have traveled extensively in that neck of the woods, seen it all first hand, never actually experienced it, it is disgusting at any level. When you say “non white teachers” what do you mean, because Sluttery, Debauchery, Drug Abuse etc are not in anyway just a “white” issue