Nova International School Sudan

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions

Moderator: Joe

Moodyfox

Nova International School Sudan

Unread post by Moodyfox »

Hi, has anyone heard of Nova International School, Sudan? I read some nasty stuff on Reddit, although the Administration was extremely polite to me, showed me copies of their latest books too (which are updated and new) and showed me some their Cambridge results which were really good. Also read that they take your passport, so I joined a Sudan expats page and about 20 people said that's normal since Sudan takes about 6 to 8 weeks to process a Visa. Not sure about the Reddit page or the ESL Teacher page where it seems to be the same person after this school. I don't want to end up in a dive. Any advice please..
fritzherc

Re: Nova International School Sudan

Unread post by fritzherc »

I have been there for 4 years going on 5. It is a great place. The school has treated me well (accommodation, medical aid, flights and visa). The Sudanese are kind and warm. Ignore the news (there are no wars or violence happening here) unless you call a peace loving selfie taking protest war. (Yes thier version of a protest is comparable to a monks protest) Nova is a registered Cambridge school, they have plenty of resources plus the newest versions of books. Come here if you want a healthy mix of Arabia meets Africa. Or just drop a message here. I am more than willing to chat.
Caaeyjane

Unread post by Caaeyjane »

I saw the negative reviews, and just laughed, since I know what these people are, was actually there when we were asked to come in on a Saturday, after 3 days off to fix school reports for 3 hours, one person almost broke the gate down when they through a tantrum and stormed out, the immediate neighbours are still in shock lol. No it's not a scam, saying it is, is childish when you can see it on the Cambridge website. You've probably heard it, but yes they get an entrance Visa, then they get a work permit by taking your passport for processing, it's long, it's Sudan, maybe up to a month. Sounds like young people who have never traveled who made these allegations. Admin are not young, and have taught for many years, are respectful and help whenever they can. Books are endorsed by Cambridge, who regularly do inspections. Classes are small max up to 13 kids in a class. Sure, parents call, but if you give reasonable homework, maybe 4 pages not 50 lol, 😆 and mark books, and teach well then you will be fine. I have been there for a long time. Sudan is what you make of it. Met one man who came with a case full of head medication, he was thrown out for yelling at Admin, and doing some other weird stuff. If you are coming with the wrong agenda, like the Reddit jockeys, then sure you'll meet with opposition from Admin lol. Good luck.
Snickers

Unread post by Snickers »

My Uncle send his kids there. His kids get very good education. They almost speak English like fluent. The maths is very strong. This is best Cambridge school in Sudan.