Should I sack?

Discussion for anyone involved in admin

Moderator: Joe

AH

Should I sack?

Unread post by AH »

All my teachers are slobs. Should I sack them?
Arrogant Teacher

Should I sack these teachers?

Unread post by Arrogant Teacher »

SHOULD YOU PREFER TO BE A MAJORITY OF ONE, BY ALL MEANS, SACK THE BLOODY LOT AND BE DONE WITH IT!
:roll: ... Any other BRILLIANT questions???
:roll:
Sarah

??

Unread post by Sarah »

So.. you sack them all, who's going to teach? Or have you already got replacements? as if that's easy at this time of the year...
Why did you hire them in the first place? Did you check references, certificates..or did you just like the sound of them?
Monitor their classes and MAKE sure they do their job...
Another thing, maybe you should tell them that when they apply for their next job no serious DOS hires teachers without SPEAKING to their previous employers... :twisted:
chrisw

Unread post by chrisw »

Warn them no more than twice and then start sacking them.
Chris Westergaard
The Language House
Peter Easton
Top Contributor

Unread post by Peter Easton »

Make an example of one of them by uncermoniously sacking him. The rest will quickly fall into line.
Comenius

Unread post by Comenius »

Sometimes taking a firm stand and making an example of the worst performer can send a very, very clear message about your expectations. :)
Marcus

Unread post by Marcus »

Time for a round of staff appraisals (aka performance reviews) - you can find out why they are demotivated, what they want from the next 12 months at your school, and what they're prepared to offer/work on in terms of improving their performance, and it will give you a nice opportunity to explain some of your concerns. You should set and agree upon clear goals (both for you and the teacher, and get the teachers to sign to agree upon any agreed action points) and review them after 6 months. On the basis of their performance, or lack thereof, you can start to give warnings and perhaps even sack them if necessary, although I have found that investing some time in staff often creates a shift in attitude. Good luck!
serendip

Re: Should I sack?

Unread post by serendip »

Offer an incentive to not be a slob. Call it "The Slobless Bonus".

:-)