Which online TEFL certificates are VALID in China?

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

daxia

Which online TEFL certificates are VALID in China?

Unread post by daxia »

Hi guys!

Im Swedish and speak fairly well English if I may say so myself. Im thinking about getting a TEFL certificate and teach English in China. The problem is that there are a zillion different sites that offer TEFL certificates but I've read somewhere that the vast majority of them are not recognized in China.

Can someone here please recommend a site with valid TELF certificates that offers online courses!

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Joe on 15 Jan 2018, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove spam
John V55
Top Contributor

Re: Which online TEFL certificates are VALID in China?

Unread post by John V55 »

It’s not the certificates that aren’t recognised, it’s the on-line courses and that goes for the on-line degrees. It’s certainly a short cut, but not one I’d recommend.
Volunteer
Rising Star

Re: Which online TEFL certificates are VALID in China?

Unread post by Volunteer »

Since there is no international standards established for TEFL certification, Chinese employers do not give much weight nor credence to TEFL certificates, and dismiss those that were obtained through on online or CD course. But they also recognize the fact that TEFL courses are money-makers so many employers like EF and Wall Street push applicants into their own TEFL courses. Officially TEFL certificates are not required to teach in China but recruiters like to say otherwise. More about this subject can be found at http://reddit.com/r/chinatefl.