SUPPORT “WEALTHY TEACHERS” CAMPAIGN

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

rutherford

SUPPORT “WEALTHY TEACHERS” CAMPAIGN

Unread post by rutherford »

Teachers are wonderful people. They work tirelessly to enrich the lives of others. But pause to think. Who should reward teachers for their efforts? Well, you and everyone. Therefore, we have provided a platform for everyone to contribute their quota towards enriching the lives of teachers. In other words, we have launched a campaign that will help improve the financial well-being of teachers. The project has different stages. Please, we need your support to achieve this all-important goal. Among others, help us SHARE the message. The wider the reach, the greater the impact. See the details of the campaign here. http://bit.ly/2sNgmBW
John V55
Top Contributor

Re: SUPPORT “WEALTHY TEACHERS” CAMPAIGN

Unread post by John V55 »

So, you want me to pay you and I’ll get wealthier? :roll: Rutherford, your talents are wasted, you should have been a western politician! :)
rutherford

That's not the idea. IF you really checked out the campaign page, you would have observed that am asking for support to publish the book '22 Secrets of Wealthy Teachers, Vol 1'. It's a thoroughly researched work spanning 4 years. It chronicles the achievements of successful teachers, and how others can follow their foot steps. Therefore, application of the principles therein will, in the long run, improve the financial well-being of teachers the world over, thus creating wealthy teachers. That's the thrust of the book. Again, to better understand this, visit the campaign page: http://bit.ly/2sNgmBW

Please note that my approach in requesting for support to publish the book is not unusual.
Thanks
John V55
Top Contributor

rutherford wrote:That's not the idea. IF you really checked out the campaign page, you would have observed that am asking for support to publish the book '22 Secrets of Wealthy Teachers, Vol 1'. It's a thoroughly researched work spanning 4 years. It chronicles the achievements of successful teachers, and how others can follow their foot steps. Therefore, application of the principles therein will, in the long run, improve the financial well-being of teachers the world over, thus creating wealthy teachers. That's the thrust of the book. Again, to better understand this, visit the campaign page: http://bit.ly/2sNgmBW

Please note that my approach in requesting for support to publish the book is not unusual.
Thanks
It’s just how it initially comes across; another book for sale, plus the worthy cause addition. I did follow the link and it did sound like another sales gimmick. Unintentional?
As regards financial, I don’t know of any 'wealthy' teachers. Am I missing out on something here? ;) If there’s no personal financial incentive in this, publish online and there is more than one site available that will give you free space to do it. Just feedback Rutherford; my first impression was 'buy my book and get rich quick' and to be honest, is the type of stuff I get in my email spam box every day, coincidently, much of it from Nigeria. Good luck with it. :lol:

P.S
Does sound exciting though doesn’t it! :) Some extracts:
''How to Turn Wealthy Prospects into High Paying Customers
How a poor school teacher built a $160 billion industry
The inspiring story of a young Nigerian lady who makes over $2,559 daily from blogging''

Sigh; don't worry, someone will be along to give you their credit card number soon!
rutherford

Thanks for your helpful advice. Indeed, in the course of writing the book i spotted a number of wealthy teachers (in the real sense). Some own big and flourishing schools. I was quite amazed at their successes. Interestingly , they started small. Others have other thriving businesses they run. I did a careful work to distill their wisdom and business acumen into the book "22 Secrets of Wealthy Teachers, Vol.1" so that other teachers can borrow a leaf from that. The book is a product of intensive and extensive research carried out within a period of 4 years. The claims in the book are verifiable.
John V55
Top Contributor

rutherford wrote:Thanks for your helpful advice. Indeed, in the course of writing the book i spotted a number of wealthy teachers (in the real sense). Some own big and flourishing schools. I was quite amazed at their successes. Interestingly , they started small. Others have other thriving businesses they run. I did a careful work to distill their wisdom and business acumen into the book "22 Secrets of Wealthy Teachers, Vol.1" so that other teachers can borrow a leaf from that. The book is a product of intensive and extensive research carried out within a period of 4 years. The claims in the book are verifiable.
I appreciate the originality and work that’s gone into the online promotion, but can also see the shoe string budget it’s been done on. Just as an add-on, your website SEO is terrible. It always makes me smile that those selling dreams and assurances of wealth for $50 or whatever never got round to doing it themselves. It’s a poor attempt at marketing, or a scam. As I’m inclined to believe the good in people, although with a large degree of scepticism, I’ll put it down to trying to copy exaggerated US marketing techniques that you’ve picked up off the internet. I don’t want to get too deep into all this, but I’ll guarantee you won’t get anywhere near your $5000 ‘crowd funding’ attempt.

"The claims in the book are verifiable."
So without doing any research, here are some real verifiable facts. :)

1. ''[…] i (sic) spotted a number of wealthy teachers (in the real sense).''
If ‘teachers’ own big flourishing schools they aren’t teachers, but business people. In the biggest ongoing recession for nearly a century, private schools as well as businesses are having a hard time everywhere. Just about every business in the world is seeing its profits decline. The biggest corporations in the world did not start up in the past ten years and the failure rate for start-up businesses in the west are currently in the 80+% bracket.

2. "How a poor school teacher built a $160 billion industry."
In 2013, Google made around $58 billion profit. In 2016; Walmart made around $14 billion. Are you seriously expecting anyone to believe that some woman in Nigeria makes twice more than Google and Walmart combined? Or, concerning Nigeria itself, a third of the total GDP of 481.1 billion in 2015?!

3. ''The inspiring story of a young Nigerian lady who makes over $2,256 pa daily from blogging''
I do a bit of blogging myself and know a few owners of websites. The ones that are still going and they’re collapsing like nine pins, are hanging on by the skin of their teeth to pay the server and maintenance costs. All are asking for donations. No one, I repeat no one, is making nearly $1m a year from blogging!

I’ll repeat: My spam email box is full of this type of stuff, but still, it’s a change from Nigerian princesses wanting to marry me and people with no bank account and $6m to share with me. :D
rutherford

RESPONSE TO YOUR OBSERVATIONS
Thanks once again for your feedback.
1.The lady that makes over $2,559 daily from blogging. Am sorry this sounded too good to be true, but it is true! You should understand that how much you make from blogging depends largely on your niche and traffic, etc. She is the richest blogger in Nigeria. She started blogging in 2007. She receives 500,000 daily visitors to her blog. Consider this statistics about her blog:
Net Worth Calculation
Direct Adverts
Leadboard (Header) – N950,000 x 2 = N1,900,000 monthly
Sidebar ads (Top) – N500,000 x 2 = N1,000,000 monthly
Sidebar ads (All site wide) – N400,000 x 30 = N12,000,000 monthly
Sponsored posts – N50,000 x 2 = N100,000 daily x 30 = N3,000,000 monthly.
Page branding (Site takeover) = N1,600,000 monthly

Total revenue from direct adverts = N19.5 million monthly.
Adsense Revenue
To calculate the Adsense earning, you need to understand the daily traffic stats.
And from our known Adsense daily stats (CTR = 0.98 and CPC = 0,45) we calculate thus –
Click Through Rate (CTR) = 500,000/100 = 5,000 x 0.98 = 4,900 clicks daily

Total Revenue Daily = Cost per Click (CPC) x Click Through Rate (CTR)
That is: 4,900 x 0.45 = $2,205 daily.

Monthly Adsense Revenues = $2,205 x 30 = $66,150 (N12,237,750) monthly
Net Worth
From the above calculations, she is making
N31,737,750 monthly.
She is a household name in Nigeria, but I will not give out her name just yet unless absolutely necessary for the purpose of verification and final clarification of how much she makes daily from blogging. Well, you said no one makes $1m a year from blogging. If i mention her name, you can then verify yourself that she makes much more than that!
2.About the former poor school teacher that built $160 industry: This is not his profit or net worth. His net worth is $34 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. It is the aggregate worth of the company he built from scratch with the help of 17 friends and investors in 1999. He started out as a teacher, and he did not achieve success overnight. He is not a Nigerian. I resist the urge to spill out his name. He is very popular.
3.The SEO of my website: There is room for improvement, am going to hone my skill in this regard. Besides, there is no perfect person when it comes to technical skills.
4.On big and flourishing school: The school was founded in 1996. The teacher started with just two pupils. As of today, many parents compete strongly to place their children in that school. In fact, the school has become a sort of status symbol for parents, something to brag about. The school has gained so much credibility and popularity especially because of strict compliance to high academic standards. She has very many students. The proprietress is a teacher in the real sense, thoroughly grounded in education. That’s why she was able to take the school to such enviable height. In fact, she is a wealthy teacher(she has many assets). She participates fully in the affairs of the school to ensure that the school retains its glory and adhere to the principles that have brought them thus far. On the other hand, in the same city, is a school owned by a businessman and pastor. His school was also established in 1996, but with limited success. The reason: he is not thoroughly grounded in education and neither does he participate in the affairs of the school. My brother attended this particular school, so am not joking. So, there is a huge difference between a businessman owning a school and a teacher owning a school.
5. Regarding the application of the tenets we preach: well, success is a journey, and we are on the road to achieving it. Remember that when Napoleon Hill was writing the classic book “Think and Grow Rich”, he was not rich at the time. But he was able to chronicle successful people and applied the principles in his life which later helped him.
6. On having a tight budget: Every great people today started small and climbed to the peak. Most of whom received support along the way as people bought into their dreams. Nobody is an island in the quest of achieving success. Can you mention anyone that started out big, and perhaps without support?
7. Apply discretion in offering judgment: You condemned my work based on the titles or headlines. It would be more appropriate and fair if you had gone through the entire book and make your conclusions thereafter. If it falls short of the claims, then you can tear it apart. However, I do appreciate your feedback.
YOU ARE PUSHING ME TO SPILL OUT THE ENTIRE CONTENT OF MY BOOK:
http://bit.ly/2tvDNQG
John V55
Top Contributor

Why do I remain unsurprised you won’t give out anyone's name? Rutherford, to verify something you have to give out more than figures, or simply references, also with no follow up. "John V55 is the greatest teacher on earth’. Prime Minister of a very big country." Whose name I’m not going to mention. Do you see what I mean? ;)
The rags to riches story isn’t unknown, but it’s a numbers needle in a haystack and now you have to equate the richest people in the world who started out as teachers. That, after all, is what your book promises.

If you Google the richest people in Nigeria, I’m afraid bloggers or ex-teachers don’t figure highly on the list. The exaggerations are where it all begins to fall apart.
The combined wealth of the five richest Nigerians is put at $29.9bn (Poverty-Oxfam).
You now have to explain how they missed out your school owner at $160bn! The richest woman in Nigeria by the way is F. Alakija ‘Famila oil’, weighing in at $2.1bn.

It is not for me to prove your claims, you made them and you have to back them up with instances of how ordinary every day teachers can become wealthy.

Of course I judge from headlines and claims, the same with any book. Fiction or non-fiction, the cover, the headline and the blurb.
I judge from what I have read so far. When you imply an outcome, you have to give instances of that happening to your specific audience, which in this promotion you have named as teachers and you haven’t and can’t do that. I very much doubt whether it goes further than, ‘these people did it, why don’t you do the same.’ I' remain unimpressed with unverified claims and figures. :)