Has anyone heard of Qianshi Technology Co. Ltd., China on Indeed.com being a scam for ESL online teacher job posting

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

Deb123

Has anyone heard of Qianshi Technology Co. Ltd., China on Indeed.com being a scam for ESL online teacher job posting

Unread post by Deb123 »

Hi there. I am temporarily disabled and am looking for a reputable job that I can do from home. After doing a bit of job hunting, I have come across jobs that are for teaching English as a second language online. I don't have any prior experience teaching, though I am currently in college majoring in English Literature. The job posting I saw was on Indeed.com (which is a reputable website.) The job would be to teach English online to children ages 5-10 years of age. I did apply for the job and got an immediate response the next day. When I googled the company online what came up was it was a supplier of cake making supplies??? I cannot find out anything else about the company. They want me to upload a video introducing myself and to read a sample script they provided by email. The name of the company is Qianshi Technology Co. Ltd., China. Does anyone have any thoughts? I don't feel comfortable giving them any further information about myself (however they do have my resume)
Manolan

Re: Has anyone heard of Qianshi Technology Co. Ltd., China on Indeed.com being a scam for ESL online teacher job posting

Unread post by Manolan »

Deb123,

Have you gotten a response from anyone regarding this question? I had the same exact question as I applied to this company as well and got the same response. I don't feel comfortable uploading a video of myself, and I feel it's strange that they do not want to speak for an interview.
Lamuel

Re: Has anyone heard of Qianshi Technology Co. Ltd., China on Indeed.com being a scam for ESL online teacher job posting

Unread post by Lamuel »

I am currently working for them. I have been working for about 2 weeks now. I love it!
GEM71234

Unread post by GEM71234 »

I looked them up as well and found the same cake pan company. I'm not comfortable doing business with them as I received a reply from them and they said that they have a website. I found nothing.
ren107

Unread post by ren107 »

I have the same question. :?:
The only website that I found is not in English, with the exception of a short demo video.
The site that I'm referring to is http://www.97kid.com

Someone by the name of Beiyi Chen is listed as a recruitment officer on LinkedIn.

If anyone has worked for this company, can you please give specific details re: your experience with them.

Thanks.
Lamuel

Unread post by Lamuel »

I have been working for them since April of 2016. I love them! Send me a PM if you want more details.
Last edited by Joe on 04 Jun 2016, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: email addresses not allowed
Lamuel

Unread post by Lamuel »

Honestly think about it. Why would be the website for people wanting to learn English be in English? Plus, you can translate it use Google Chrome translation button on the address bar:)
ren107

Unread post by ren107 »

I've seen plenty of sites advertising for ESL teachers that were in English. Honestly...
Grizzly
Rising Star

Unread post by Grizzly »

Blacklisted as a unlicensed black "learning center" with unknown ownership and a reputation for 1) not paying in full nor your last wages, and 2) using your images all over the internet for promotional purposes without your knowledge nor consent. Read about them at ESLwatch.info and CFTU blacklist. They are also not registered with SAFEA so legally not able to hire foreigners. You'vve been warned.
Lamuel

Unread post by Lamuel »

The website is not advertising to teachers. Instead, the website is speaking to the Chinese students. Honestly, I can't find them anywhere on the ESLwatch.info or the CFTU blacklist. Also, I can assure you I am getting paid for every minute. In fact, they paid me to to talk to one of their techs because there was an issue with my program.
Murphy
Rising Star

Unread post by Murphy »

They are listed at Scam.com on the China Liars List. How long have you been working there and how many foreigners are working there with you. If you are new it may take you time to realize how they are scamming people. They could in fact be cheating the students and not the teachers.
Lamuel

Unread post by Lamuel »

This is this companies license to operate in China. The number is in the top left in more questions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ciny_

Unread post by Ciny_ »

I received an interview from this company and I am deciding if I should continue with it. Someone give details about the company if you work/worked for them.
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

Lamuel wrote:The website is not advertising to teachers. Instead, the website is speaking to the Chinese students. Honestly, I can't find them anywhere on the ESLwatch.info or the CFTU blacklist. Also, I can assure you I am getting paid for every minute. In fact, they paid me to to talk to one of their techs because there was an issue with my program.

Hello,

I started working for them this week. Do they take US taxes out when you get paid through paypal. Thanks!
Lamuel

Unread post by Lamuel »

No they do not take any taxes out. So you will have to take them out.
phil axten

Unread post by phil axten »

Lamuel wrote:I am currently working for them. I have been working for about 2 weeks now. I love it!

lamuel, i am currently a trainee with them. would you kindly provide an update on your experience with 97kid since your earlier post? thanks very much in advance.
Lamuel

Unread post by Lamuel »

The experience has not changed. Right now the company is working to reduce the amount of students a teacher gets at on time or giving the students the option. Honestly, I don't know exactly. If you want you can send them a wechat and ask to watch my class. I will answer whatever questions you have about the class. They call me James.
Lamuel

Unread post by Lamuel »

Plus, you can send me a PM. I reply must faster to those:)
phil axten

Ciny_ wrote:I received an interview from this company and I am deciding if I should continue with it. Someone give details about the company if you work/worked for them.
Natalya wrote:
Lamuel wrote:The website is not advertising to teachers. Instead, the website is speaking to the Chinese students. Honestly, I can't find them anywhere on the ESLwatch.info or the CFTU blacklist. Also, I can assure you I am getting paid for every minute. In fact, they paid me to to talk to one of their techs because there was an issue with my program.

Hello,

I started working for them this week. Do they take US taxes out when you get paid through paypal. Thanks!
natalya, i am currently a trainee with them. would you kindly provide an update on your experience with 97kid since your earlier post? thanks very much in advance.
phil axten

Grizzly wrote:Blacklisted as a unlicensed black "learning center" with unknown ownership and a reputation for 1) not paying in full nor your last wages, and 2) using your images all over the internet for promotional purposes without your knowledge nor consent. Read about them at ESLwatch.info and CFTU blacklist. They are also not registered with SAFEA so legally not able to hire foreigners. You'vve been warned.

please give us links or citations for the sources you found that indicate this. thanks very much.