Echo English, Hangzhou experiences?

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

lexae

Echo English, Hangzhou experiences?

Unread post by lexae »

Has anyone had any experience working for a company called Echo English in Hangzhou, China? I've been given a job offer, but when I've Googled the company to try and find some reviews I can find almost nothing, and the little there is is not very encouraging. I don't want to write them off because of one bad review, but I'm really struggling to find anything else out about them. If I accepted the offer it would be my first ever TEFL job, so I don't want to sign a contract, get there and find that they're disreputable. If anyone could tell me anything more about this company it would be greatly appreciated.
Es427

Re: Echo English, Hangzhou experiences?

Unread post by Es427 »

Hi, did you end up accepting the offer? I've also received an offer letter and have the same concerns as you had, so it would be really useful to know how you got on
shawn2018

Re: Echo English, Hangzhou experiences?

Unread post by shawn2018 »

I just happen to know about this story and can share some insight on it and the company of Echo English, Hangzhou. Most of the story is not true, apparently the teacher who raised the comment was not happy with Echo English mainly for the work placement so that everything that Echo English did with him was not good :) So as a lesson learned for any other teacher to seek a teaching job in China, to check the details of the work placement in advance is important before you accept an offer, or at least to achieve an agreement in advance on the placement change if it ends up to be an unhappy one. Echo English, Hangzhou is in fact a good company licensed by Chinese top government SEFEA and accountable to support you to get a legal teaching job in China and here it is its website at: www.echoteachers.com where you can find more details...