Activate your views about culture in the spread of English while you drink a cup of refreshing coffee!

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

Saam27

Activate your views about culture in the spread of English while you drink a cup of refreshing coffee!

Unread post by Saam27 »

Take the survey and let the caffeine do its job!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BG2UWV ... AB1C5sjKZY...

Thanks for sharing your valuable views!
Saam27

Re: Activate your views about culture in the spread of English while you drink a cup of refreshing coffee!

Unread post by Saam27 »

The above link is broken so hit this one please!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BG2UWV ... =send_form
John V55
Top Contributor

Re: Activate your views about culture in the spread of English while you drink a cup of refreshing coffee!

Unread post by John V55 »

Each variety of English (African, Jamaican, Turkish, etc.) can be considered valid when we look at English as an international language. *
Turkish?
Sorry, that’s where I dropped out of your questionnaire.
Saam27

Unread post by Saam27 »

Hello and thank you for you feedback. I am fully aware of the fact that Turkish English, Italian English, Danish English, etc. are not identical to what we know as Indian or Singaporean English. For those speakers English is not even a second language and they learn it as EFL. The point in that item is related to the concept of English as a lingua franca according to which different "Englishes" accross the globe are credible as long as they are intelligible in international communication. That was the relevant theoretical background for that item.
Saam27

Unread post by Saam27 »

Thanks Susan
Saam27

Unread post by Saam27 »

By the way, have you filled in the questionnaire? Please tell me if it is biased toward showing native speakers as the bad guys because that is not what I want. I just needed to include four critical items. All feedback is welcome.
Saam27

Unread post by Saam27 »

To anyone in this group who views this discussion! This is not a matter of boring research. It has really turned into a fascinating study for me, personally. It's full of variety, it's international, and more importantly, I can get in touch with wonderful people from around on the planet! So whatever your views, it's an honor for me to see your responses in my spreadsheet. You can view the full data that have been collected up to this point after submitting your responses. Coffee, lunchtime, soda, and a survey as a piece of cake :)
If you liked the post, share the link with your peers.
Saam27

Unread post by Saam27 »

Thank you very much :)