Worried about a dangerous teacher

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

Evangelina

Worried about a dangerous teacher

Unread post by Evangelina »

Hey everyone,

Not sure how to approach this but I know of an acquaintance who moved to china a few months ago, I suspect that he's running from the law, history of minor crimes which I don't believe he reported. Anyways, he is suspected of molesting a few underage children and I am worried that he is trying to teach English in china and I am worried he may do the same to children in china. Last I heard he was heading to Qingdao, and was having trouble getting a work visa? . Is there anyway to contact the local authorities there to see if he is there and to report his previous activities?

Evangelina
Saturn
Rising Star

Re: Worried about a dangerous teacher

Unread post by Saturn »

Three things you can do. You can post the name here and word will spread quickly, or send an anonymous report to tips@ChinaScamParol.org or reports@chinaforeignteachersunion.org. It is good that you have a conscientious now follow-through. Thanks for being concerned. Many people would just turn a blind eye in China and then claim they didn't know anything after an incident becomes public.
Martin

Unread post by Martin »

It is good to be vigilant. Can I ask, why do you suspect him of these crimes? If he did commit such terrible crimes he must be punished but if he is innocent then he will forever have this stain with him unjustly.
Susan
Top Contributor

Unread post by Susan »

Very good point Martin. I agree.
robbotochina

Unread post by robbotochina »

The kids come first.
I suggest a word to the nearest consulate of this teacher's home country. They are likely to operate under a privacy law so a wrong accusation has less chance of causing damage.
Susan
Top Contributor

Unread post by Susan »

Good point