english tests for elementary students

Discussion re test preparation

Moderator: Joe

orientalguy

english tests for elementary students

Unread post by orientalguy »

:D i teach english in china, in senior high schools, or secondary schools, i want to exchange text papers with peers from other countries, i am quite interested in the listening part, reading comprehensions, and cloze. Haha, if you want to exchange resources, write to me:
hcdsteven@hotmail.co.uk :D

PS: reading comprehension

Many cities around the world today are heavily polluted. Careless methods of production and lack of consumer demand for environment(环境)friendly products have contributed to the pollution problem. One result is that millions of tons of glass, paper, plastic, and metal containers are produced, and these are difficult to get rid of.
However, today, more and more consumers are choosing “green” and demanding that the products they buy should be safe for the environment. Before they buy a product, they ask questions like these: “Will this shampoo damage the environment?” “Can this metal container be reused or can it only be used once?”
A recent study showed that two out of five adults now consider the environmental safety of a product before they buy it. This means that companies must now change the way they make and sell their products to make sure that they are "green," that is, friendly to the environment.
Only a few years ago, it was impossible to find green products in Supermarkets, but now there are hundreds. Some supermarket product cop labels (标签) to show that the product is green. Some companies have made the manufacturing (生产) of clean and safe products their main selling point and emphasize it in their advertising.
The concern for a safer and cleaner environment is making companies rethink how they do business. No longer will the public accept the old attitude of "Buy it, use it, for it, throw it away, and forget it.” The public pressure is on, and gradually business is cleaning up its act.

64. It becomes clear from the text that the driving force (动力) behind green products is
A. public caring for the environment B. companies' desire for bigger sales
C. new ways of doing business D. rapid growth of supermarkets
65. What would be the best title for the text?'
A. Business and People B. Business Goes Green
C. Shopping Habits Are Changing D. Supermarkets and Green Products
66. The underlined word "it" in the fourth paragraph refers to
A. a selling point B. the company name
C. a great demand for health foods D. the manufacturing of green products
orientalguy

NB

Unread post by orientalguy »

msm09

Unread post by msm09 »

Greetings!

Hello, my name is Mary S. Mowat, and I am a junior TESOL education major at Indiana Wesleyan University. I read some of your entries - and I was wondering if I could interview you through email about your job as an ESL teacher. I would like to teach in China as well. For one of my TESOL courses, I have to interview two teachers on the subject of testing and assessment (not the most interesting subject, I know). I then have to combine what I have learned into a paper/project. Any information that we can discuss about this subject would be most helpful.

Thank you so much for your time!
Mary S. Mowat
lisaa

Re: english tests for elementary students

Unread post by lisaa »

You are sure to find what you need once you locate the websites of the major publishers such as Cambridge University Press, Oxford University Press and Longman. You are welcome to ask this forum for more advice once you have narrowed down your choice of textbooks.