IGCSE

Discussion re test preparation

Moderator: Joe

cymonic

IGCSE

Unread post by cymonic »

Hello,
i would really like your advice on the IGCSE english as a foreign language of Cambride university. It has extented level in which the marks start from A-E and core level with marks that start from C-G. i wanted to know if i should prepare any of my students for the core level and for what reason. why not just prepare all for extented for the upcoming year. i would appreciate you views on the matter. i'm confused.
Thank you in advance.
systematic
Top Contributor

Re: IGCSE

Unread post by systematic »

cymonic wrote:Hello,
i would really like your advice on the IGCSE english as a foreign language . i'm confused.
Cambridge IGCSE does not offer any qualifications in English as a Foreign Language. The core subject is English a Second Language/

GCSE Second Language English is designed for students who already have a working knowledge of the language and who want to consolidate their understanding in order to progress in their academic or professional career. The qualification reflects the widespread use of English in education and commerce, and also in entertainment. Through their studies, students will learn how to use English effectively in the type of situations, and English-speaking environments, they will encounter in their daily lives. The aim is to achieve a level of practical communication ideal for everyday use, which can also form the basis for further, more in-depth language study

Much depends on what your students have opted for - or at least what they think they know what they are going to learn and what they want it for. You can then tailor the grade targets and your teaching methodology to their needs and cognitive levels. You will find more information
HERE with links to special support for teachers. A Google search will locate more dedicated forums on the topic.
I offer any information or advice 'as is' and hope that it has been of help. I am not an admin of this board, and my postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the board management.