HOW DO YOU GET A YOUNG LEARNER INTERESTED IN LEARNING?

Discussion about teaching ESL to children

Moderator: Joe

rutherford

HOW DO YOU GET A YOUNG LEARNER INTERESTED IN LEARNING?

Unread post by rutherford »

This is a puzzle that i am trying to understand. I know your opinions would help a long way.
EngTenses

Re: HOW DO YOU GET A YOUNG LEARNER INTERESTED IN LEARNING?

Unread post by EngTenses »

Each learner is different. Find out what subjects they like. Try out different games with them and see what they like best. It will soon become evident what makes them tick. Then build your course accordingly.
nisa

Re: HOW DO YOU GET A YOUNG LEARNER INTERESTED IN LEARNING?

Unread post by nisa »

Hello!

I wanted to write about this topic because I am teaching English to young learners. They got bored easily so that I made the lesson enjoyable like playing games, doing the activities by giving them a present. (It makes them motivated and also they want to do more activity to win the present.) On the other hand, learning by listening to music is permanent. Since the song will be memorable, they will have learned it unconsciously. Also, games based on physical things can be taught so that they can drain their energy. In addition, we need to give them a lot of positive attention so that they start to believe in theirselves and also the teacher should not forget that each learner is different. It is very important to make them love to learn and not to reduce their motivation and it is very special to hear from them what is being taught.
Last edited by nisa on 25 Apr 2021, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.