Good apps with British English for teaching to read?

Discussion about teaching ESL to children

Moderator: Joe

MariaL

Good apps with British English for teaching to read?

Unread post by MariaL »

What are good apps for young learners that teach reading skills after some basic reading capability has been achieved?

So the young kids are age 6-7 and can read the Dolphin words well and probably know verbally and passively 1500-2500 words which means they understand Peppa Pig on youtube. They can read Ladybirds read-it-yourself level 4 with some help.

Now what would be good apps to help them develope further reading skills with British English and preferably standard British English pronunciacion? There are so many apps around, but most seem to be sadly with American accent.

Also I would gladly wellcome suggestions for books or resources for reaching the next level. I have designed the teaching so far myself usong several resources but am a bit unsure how to proceed next,
MariaL

Re: Good apps with British English for teaching to read?

Unread post by MariaL »

Im going to answer myself. Decided on the Usbornes Teach your monster to read and it seems to work fine so far as it has a choise of levels.
odyssey
Rising Star

Unread post by odyssey »

Do they do a Teach your monster to spell app?
MariaL

Unread post by MariaL »

Odyssey, yes, that is what I started yesterday with then and it seems to be working very good.