Technology in the classroom.

Teaching ESL to adults

Moderator: Joe

EmmaL25

Technology in the classroom.

Unread post by EmmaL25 »

Hi everyone,this is my first post to this discussion board and I am looking forward to hearing your replies.
At the moment I use ted talks quite often in the classroom.My students also love kahoot for revision.I am wondering if you have any other suggestions for using technology in the classroom?We have 1 main computer,the students all have phones and access to free wi fi connection.
Thanks in advance.
hitcher

Re: Technology in the classroom.

Unread post by hitcher »

nowadays students are digital natives .....im afraid books are going to disappear .....
sadia

Unread post by sadia »

Hi,
I can suggest u a website https://www.readlistenlearn.net, FREE Online Library 4 English teachers & learners 2 improve English Language skills through reading & audio listening 2 learn British accent because Reading is the best MEDICINE 2 learn a language.

Read Listen Learn provides easy access 2 a FREE Online Library of affordable,fully illustrated,digital ESL, EFL & ESOL graded readers that help people learn English. This site enables teachers 2 provide graded readers 2 their learners in almost any setting & it helps learners 2 develop fluency & enjoy improving their English through reading & listening 4 pleasure. Its mission is 2 put high quality, digital graded readers within the reach of everyone who would benefit from them. This site is developed 2 intend for 5 different graded levels of learners (Advanced, Elementary, Intermediate, Pre-intermediate & Upper-intermediate) 4 ESL, EFL & ESOL 2 pleasurably enjoy 2 improve their 2nd/foreign language through reading, listening or even through watching ReadListenLearn's Youtube vedio channel. It's also helpful 4 teachers 2 provide standard adaptation of short stories from over 50 authors & non-fiction articles on subjects including thriller, horror, crime, sports, science, espionage, drama, culture, history, art, astrology, nature, geography & many more 2 their learners in nearly every setting. The readers, learners, students or teachers - anyone can easily get access 2 www.readlistenlearn.net website through their Facebook accounts or by using email addresses & get registered on this site FREE of COST.

N.B:- In www.readlistenlearn.net there r many options 2 have discussions, leave comments, learn vocabulary, have a closed group of registered members of the site 2 comprehend discussions with questions & answers, have audio 2 learn British accent & lots more.....u could share any article & have a personal library 2 maintain reading history, could talk or converse with a team runs by intercom in case of having any inquiry or problem.
HomebasedTch

Unread post by HomebasedTch »

That's different,if you are going to teach kids,you have to dance,sing and etc.You are not a teacher,you act just like an animal,more specifically you are a monkey
English is the bridge to connect the world,the internet has made the world a global village,Teacher Record is using English and internet to help teachers and schools find each other and work together to make a better global village.Online schools&Domestic schools are available.For further information,please visit https://www.teacherrecord.com/job
kubra

Unread post by kubra »

If technology is not used in the classroom, I think it is boring and static. We all meet technology quite early, due to the time we are in. Therefore, the technology used in the classroom is familiar to the students so that the student's attention can be regained by the teacher. This is important to me because interest in the lecture decreases for a while only in concrete material or oral lessons. Nobody can have an enjoyable and productive time in a stationary lesson.Changing time conditions and people's acquaintance with technology at a very young age is quite normal today. By using technology in the classroom, I can both attract the attention of the students and provide an environment where the student can express himself more comfortably in a stationary lesson. I think a lesson that I teach only verbally will be insufficient because if I don't get the distracted attention of the students after a short time, I can see a group of students who are just yawning or just physically there, and I don't want it. Another advantage, as I have just mentioned to students to meet more usable systems in their future and present lives, as the time conditions bring us closer to technology if they change
AlisonAM

Unread post by AlisonAM »

I use all sorts of different supports both online and "on paper" and I think the more varied the methods the more interested the students are. I don't think this is news because effective teachers have always looked for new ways of getting the lesson content to stick and keeping students interested, we just have more choices.