games to teach English

Ideas, tips, discussion

Moderator: Joe

minik

games to teach English

Unread post by minik »

I have to prepare a thesis about using games to teach English.I need to hear different opinions.please share your experiences and thoughts with me.you can mention your observations, I mean how much games effect the learning process, or your own games etc.thank you very much
vcar

Software Effectiveness

Unread post by vcar »

Before becoming a teacher I worked for a large tech firm so I am always interested in observing the effectiveness of educational software. I have found that the most important factor in that effectiveness is focus. Students need a goal and reenforcement that they are achieving that goal.

A program I recently used for my early readers illustrates what I am talking about. The site is SightWordsWithSamson.com. It is a program for early readers. It is effective because after completing each step of each level students receive a certificate that they can print out. They can also view a scoreboard that shows them green boxes for all steps passed, red boxes for steps failed and grey boxes for steps not tried. This not only allows me to measure their progress, it provides them with a concrete goal (i.e. turn all the boxes greem).

Sincerely, VC
minik

Unread post by minik »

thank you very much VC
philip

Re: games to teach English

Unread post by philip »

this is great...it will more enjoyable for the students and also it can maintain a best relation between the teachers and the students..through this kind of games they can learn more informations and also they can entertain at the same time...:)