Fun game for teaching present perfect and pp continuous

Ideas, tips, discussion

Moderator: Joe

supermario

Fun game for teaching present perfect and pp continuous

Unread post by supermario »

Hello all
I hope you are doing well,

I want to teach Present Perfect and Present Perfect Continuous to pre-intermediate students.

Can you kindly suggest some fun games and practices?

Thank you in advance,
Joe
Admin

Re: Fun game for teaching present perfect and pp continuous

Unread post by Joe »

"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :? " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
andrewberlin

Unread post by andrewberlin »

Stand up if you've ever... is my favourite activity for teaching present perfect.
Jan135

Unread post by Jan135 »

Oh, thank you so much. These are gonna be a huge help. Have been looking for them for eternity.
Reon76

Unread post by Reon76 »

I am using a board game Once Upon a time with students to make stories (mainly with Present Perfect). Actually, any tense can be applied. Everyone gets some cards that have story elements and one card that has an ending. One narrator (the person telling the story) gets to start telling the story, trying to use the cards in their hand and lead the story to the ending they have. Other players can interrupt by placing down their own cards and continuing the story with different ideas instead. Children also like making miniatures for this game (even though they are not included in the game) using a 3d printer (we use this model). When the game is over we can present a child who has fewer mistakes or who has the most exciting story with a 3d printed toy. Here you can find the rules:
https://www.boardgamecapital.com/once-u ... -rules.htm