Game app for teaching phrasal verbs (Android)

Ideas, tips, discussion

Moderator: Joe

aurays

Game app for teaching phrasal verbs (Android)

Unread post by aurays »

Hi everyone,

based on our experience as ESL/EFL teachers, we found out that there was a lack of engaging game apps for teaching English phrasal verbs. We have created a game app for Android for teaching phrasal verbs to kids and adults alike. Since phrasal verbs are not an easy topic for ESL/EFL students, we wanted to make the learning experience engaging and fun, and give it a story, characters, different levels, high scores, surprises, presents, etc. to maximize the time students spend learning and give them a good introduction to the phrasal verbs.

We humbly present to you Phrasal Nerds and are very much looking forward to discuss our app with you, and to hear your feedback.

We hope this post is not considered spam, as we feel our app can be helpful to other teachers: that's why we made it in the first place. Without reaching out to teachers there is not much use in it, we hope you enjoy it and that it helps you get your students into phrasal verbs! ;)

Here is a link to Phrasal Nerds on Google Play.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lnerds.one

If you are a teacher using tablets in the classroom, you can also find it in Google Play for Education, a program that eases getting apps to students for participating schools.
Lola212
Rising Star

Re: Game app for teaching phrasal verbs (Android)

Unread post by Lola212 »

This sounds perfect.
kdammers
Rising Star

Unread post by kdammers »

I can't do anything with this since I don't have a 'phone. Do you have a version for laptops/desktops?
Cypher

Unread post by Cypher »

The application on my phone closes automatically, what can I do?
Ultimer

Unread post by Ultimer »

Guys, much obliged for your recommendations
I'll check these apps
milesedger

Unread post by milesedger »

kdammers wrote: 20 Jul 2020, 15:44 I can't do anything with this since I don't have a 'phone. Do you have a version for laptops/desktops?
You can use a emulator on your laptops/desktop to run Android Apps such as blueStacks!
OGInstagram Apk you can also play this mini militia mod game to teach.
kdammers
Rising Star

Unread post by kdammers »

Okay, I got the emulator, but now what? I typed in "Phrasal Nerds," but none of the games that show has that name.
leon99
Rising Star

Unread post by leon99 »

It's great to hear about your initiative to create an engaging game app for teaching phrasal verbs in English. Innovative tools like these can make language learning more enjoyable and effective for students of all ages.
Wishing you the best of luck with your app, and I hope it becomes a useful tool for teachers and students alike! 😊
JoBTT

Unread post by JoBTT »

Thank you for sharing. It's a great app. It is easier to learn new knowledge, including a foreign language, in a playful way. I think your app has good potential and prospects. Of course, there is much competition on the educational app market now, so your app must stand out and work perfectly. If you need any help with its development, testing, or modification, feel free to contact us (syndіcаde.com/sеrvices/wеb-applicаtion-devеlopmеnt/). This is our speciality.
ashvaganda

Unread post by ashvaganda »

Dedicated Phrasal Verb Apps: There are apps specifically designed to teach phrasal verbs. These might include features like flashcards, quizzes, and example sentences. Examples include "Phrasal Verbs Machine" and "Learn English Phrasal Verbs and Phrases."
General English Learning Apps: Many comprehensive English learning apps cover a wide range of topics, including phrasal verbs. These apps, like Duolingo, Babbel, or Memrise, often use game-like elements to make learning more engaging.
Flashcard Apps: Apps like Anki or Quizlet allow you to create your own flashcards or use sets created by others. You can find or make flashcard sets dedicated to phrasal verbs and use spaced repetition techniques to help memorize them