Spainwise 2013

Discussion about TEFL jobs in Europe

Moderator: Joe

stevem

Spainwise 2013

Unread post by stevem »

I just wondered has anyone attended the Spainwise job fair, and if so, is it worth it?
MichaelHunt

Re: Spainwise 2013

Unread post by MichaelHunt »

I was at last year's Spainwise jobs fair and it was well worth it. I flew to Seville and then took the free bus the organisers lay on to the venue in Cordoba. At the fair I went from stand to stand talking to different employers, doing interviews with some of them and just chatting with others. There were free talks too (about Spanish paperwork, settling in to a life in Spain, what it's like teaching 'on the ground' - practical stuff I knew nothing about). I came away with a totally different perspective on what my options were and got calls from everyone I interviewed with, including several job offers, so I totally landed on my feet with my first job in Spain thanks to this fair.
stevem

Re: Spainwise 2013

Unread post by stevem »

Thank you Michael for your feedback, it is much appreciated. I am actually not starting my CELTA course here in England until September, but this time next year I hope (fingers crossed) to be CELTA qualified and looking for work! I’ve booked my flights and accommodation for this year’s Spainwise. I think it will be useful for me to meet some people, ask some questions and make a few connections now, and then hopefully I can go to Spainwise 2014 and get myself a job like you did!

Thanks again