Spamming for the China Foreign Teachers Union

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

John V55
Top Contributor

Spamming for the China Foreign Teachers Union

Unread post by John V55 »

Down in the cesspit of the TEFL business industry, something stirred. Was it a scam recruiter, a dodgy director, or a Chinese Foreign Teachers Union spammer?

They usually operate in small groups, each backing up the other. Whatever single issue they support, they a) always remain anonymous and b) they’re always single issue posters. It’s called spamming. Whenever you see a small anonymous group all repetitively linking out to similar anonymous site(s), you’ve just discovered a spam ring. It’s officially termed a ‘link farm’, the links go round in a circle each feeding into and off other. This is a link farm.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_farm

Spam ‘R’ Us

Link farming is free because it uses other people’s sites to post anonymous pages on such as ruqqus, reddit, wordpress and opnlttr, but they’re time consuming and labour intensive and so use member ‘volunteers’ to do that for them. At the top of the link chain is the site which the links will point out to and from. So for instance if you Google the ‘China Foreign Teachers Union’ it contains a mass of outbound links to the same anonymous spam pages that will in turn link back into them.

Put the url of a spam web page such as the China Foreign Teachers Union here and see the 0.5 out of 100! Even Google is warning you to stay well clear of it.
https://ahrefs.com/website-authority-checker

Spam is like a weed, it only grows where it’s allowed

Spamming is not a particular clever form of promotion, but the intention in this case is not promotion but to drive the gullible and/or greedy into the link farm. Here the user will spend hours bouncing around from one link to another trying to find an answer to the original promise of information that took them there with tales of high living and fantasy salaries.

Spamming is banned on just about every forum in existence because the damage it eventually does to the host sites reputation and authority. You can never beat them as they’ll simply ignore criticism, or poster attack in defence and continue to link out because that’s what they’re there for. Yet what you can do is expose the rotten spam and scam ridden pyramid chain by writing short articles such as this.

Spammers who didn’t learn their lesson the first time around will lead you into the same greed that they fell for. That’s a100% guarantee.

Cricket
Top Contributor

Re: Spamming for the China Foreign Teachers Union

Unread post by Cricket »

To be crystal clear I am not a member of the CFTU or ANY organization and the last organization I belonged to was the Lions Club about 15 years ago. As you can see Mr. John V. Asia has some beef with the CFTU but he has not yet explained why he has an ax to grind with them. Myself and others suspect John is not his real name and he may in fact be one of these covert stealth recruiters described here https://www.eslbase.com/forum/viewtopic ... fl-forums/ We suspect the resume he spams every day may not be real and used as a prop since to open his resume you must identify yourself!

Please note that the CFTU has never posted a single post on this forum but if someone disagrees with John's opinions or questions his identity, he accuses anyone and everyone who posts a link that disproves his point of view or even questions it of being somehow working with or for the CFTU! The man is literally obsessed with the CFTU as you can see from the OP. He keeps ranting about how little money he earned as a foreign teacher in Mongolia where he said he worked for a public school, which may or may not be true. He uses the photo of an old man which could be him, or maybe not. He gave himself the title of "Top Contributor" and he certainly posts a lot of stuff. But if anyone disagrees with this guy he will not relent. I think he may be a bit whacko. If he is not mentally dysfunctional, then he must have been someone previously exposed as a skimmer, scammer or identity thief by the CFTU,and he is taking his anger out out on me and others, but again I am just guessing here. The only other explanation is that he is is upset that others are earning so much more money than him - a case of sour grapes.

You know on the internet, people can be anyone they want to be and if this guy is really a full time teacher, when does have the time to teach because he spend his time every day, posting stuff here on this and other forums. For all we know, John V. Asia (certainly a fake name) could be this black market recruiter below just like those assholes at eslcafe who PM everyone who asks any questions with some sales pitch to buy a tefl course or recommend some agency or recruiter.

I am not now, nor have I ever been connected in anyway with the CFTU, but I frankly do not see anything wrong with that volunteer group. I gave John the places where those guys hang out on reddit at https://reddit.com/r/cftu so he can go argue with them directly and settle his beef. but he keeps accusing me of spamming links that just happen to relate to what ever subject we are talking about! At least I am not spamming my resume to everyone who comes onto this forum!
Before sending off your resume or passport scan, be sure to check https://reddit.com/r/teflscams and to vaccinate yourself against foreign teacher job scams.
John V55
Top Contributor

Hey Mr. Anonymous link spammer. You know who I am, we’ll never know who you are. Spam is both your content and signature line.

Don’t worry yourself too much ‘Cricket’, you can tell the people who are behind your spamming that I’m coming to the end of it now and have other things to do so you’ll be able to carry on your spamming in peace shortly. But what I’ve said in the past couple of weeks will stay there for all to see and hopefully others who might have bought into your link bait will think twice before they get involved. :)
John V55
Top Contributor

Spam Tip 1

Never get into debates with spammers. They will bait you, mislead you and have you running round in circles. It doesn’t matter what you say, they’ll ignore it and throw more c**p back at you.

Cricket is a spammer for the illegal China Foreign Teachers Union. Now that’s both an obvious statement and not a very well-kept secret. It’s not a criminal offence, he’s perfectly entitled to do that if a site is gullible enough to believe that spam links have anything to do with TEFL. (Which is why they’re a rarity elsewhere).

He will already have been told what to write about, but in the event the spam links are being exposed as just that, he will be told to adopt new tactics and keep away from discussing links. Next tactic poster attacks.

Again, what you say doesn’t matter and it’s done to put the poster on the defensive and draw them away from discussing the main topic, which is spam links. It only works if you fall for the bait of ‘he’s a recruiter’ or ‘it’s not a real resume.’ Ironically, this is from spammer(s) whose trade mark is total anonymity. It doesn’t work and at best is a very basic form of baiting.

Among the stories of ‘I’m earning ¥80K pm’, or ‘I’m living the high life’ and ‘I’m going to earn $$$’ the sad truth is, they’re not. These are the people at the bottom end of TEFL who have been scammed and or deported themselves and are gullible enough to believe it was everyone else’s fault. They bought into the hype of an illegal union that has promised them they deserve fantastic salaries and these ¥50K pm jobs are out there ready for the taking. They’re not; there’s just an endless round of spam links taking you round in circles and ending up back at the China Foreign Teachers Union.

Why do they do it? Where do they find the time? If you’re earning a fantastic salary and your weekends partying, why would you spend your valuable time on a forum continually spam linking for someone else? Who knows who or where these people are, you’ll never find out. Why do I do it? I’m just approaching retirement and so have time to spend on a computer. I also admit that the information I’ve gathered from the China Foreign Teachers Union spammers will be valuable in a coming essay/article I’m writing as a TEFL advice guide. :)

For the past two weeks I’ve had time to warn against the road these scammers are leading you down and having had my rant, I’ll soon hand the floor back to them, but first having had a real go at illegal unions and the spam and scam ridden privatized TEFL business.
Atlas
Rising Star

Unread post by Atlas »

Mr. John, I want some of whatever you're drinking or smoking. Seriously you are going too far with the CFTU crap and I don't see anyone promoting their group here. I see the CFTU actually showed up and posted something you need to read. I don't know about any other users but I speak for myself and I post for myself. But having said that I must also say that the scam warning links you call "spam" might be called a blessing by the newbies who might otherwise get ripped off large if not for seeing some of the posts.

What is that old saying Mr. John? "What is one man's trash is another man's treasure". So I think we just need to agree to disagree and respect each other's opinion. Let each person decide fro themselves what is useful information and what is old hat news. You can't tell other people how to think, or what to post Mr.John. For example you seem to think that working in a public school in Mongolia is the best TEFL job in China. I respect your choice but that would never be my choice I prefer to make more money in a warmer climate in a more exciting place like Shanghai or Hangzhou. Respect my choice just as I respect yours Mr. John

Since there are scams and frauds all over China by a bunch of crooks who are constantly using and changing their names, I want to see as many warnings as possible, especially if they pertain to Shanghai and Hangzhou. If you don't like such links DON'T OPEN THEM! Nobody is forcing you to read them and nobody is forcing me to read your resume which is the most posted link on this entire forum. I honestly don't care who you really are but Mr. John I must say you are the epitome of exasperation, and frankly I don't see anyone agreeing with your complaints about scam warning links. So I think at this point people are beating a dead horse yes? Can we all just get along and move along or do you still need to vent Mr. John?
Look Before You Leap at https://reddit.com/r/teflscams