The China Foreign Teachers Union Spam Satire

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

John V55
Top Contributor

The China Foreign Teachers Union Spam Satire

Unread post by John V55 »

.........................................John V in association with TEFL.net proudly presents

...................................................The TEFL.net 2020 Spam Olympics

....................................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBcY3W5WgNU

Yes it’s here and by popular demand, an exclusive featuring anonymous China Foreign Teachers Union and their equally anonymous link farm associates on opnlttr, wordpress, reditt and ruqqus. I was going to add with links out to China Scam Watch, China Scam Patrol, China Scam Busters welcome, but they beat me to it.

Top tips and advice from our CFTU spammers

• When travelling to China make sure you board the plane for PEK INT and not MEL. That way you’ll arrive in Beijing China and not Melbourne Australia.

• If your employer refuses to pay you the going rate for a brain surgeon it could be a scam.

• Don’t let recruiters hold your passport, wallet and salary whilst working on a fake degree and visa. You could get scammed.

"We weren’t aware our anonymous web page looked like a 90s throwback of spam link c**p. It must have been recruiters who did it. They do that sort of thing you know." (CFTU).

But first, a big shout out to our sponsor: Mr. Happy from Beijing Happy Happy School, who’s offering the winner ¥60,000 pm and his own Happy work visa.

Isn’t this exciting? Without further ado let’s go live to the changing rooms at China Foreign Teachers Union where Cricket and Vagabond are warming up for the 100 meter deportation sprint.

Both declined to comment, preferring to remain anonymous out of embarrassment at having been previously scammed themselves. In a written statement to TEFL.net both said they were not spamming, but giving examples of what spamming looked like in case people didn’t know.

....................................Are you ready? On your marks, get set … Go!

It’s neck and neck in the TEFL.net spam Olympics.

In the lead is member ‘Cricket’, batting for CFTU with a healthy eight spam links on one post about Dave’s ESL Cafe. Well played sir and bonus points for an op that didn’t even mention China.

Hot on his heels is ‘Vagabond’ with seven spam links in one post for advice to newbie ‘Matrix’, who was himself spamming out links to video download sites pretending he was looking for TEFL location advice.

In third place ‘Atlas the persistent’ lags behind with only five spam links on a post complaining about an illegal recruiter whilst working on an illegal visa, Duh!
"In fact, our school got raided twice in 3 years by the PSB and 6 of us that YOU recruited got "detained" (arrested) and sat in a dumpy jail for a month before we got deported … That's the third time I was robbed because of you."
Will Atlas persevere and be scammed a fourth time, or will he retire gracefully? Nail biting stuff indeed.

Who will win? Never say die as our heroes battle it out to win the coveted gold TEFL.net spam cup. :lol:

...............................Image
Vagabond
Top Contributor

Re: The China Foreign Teachers Union Spam Satire

Unread post by Vagabond »

Conversely, you may also want to be warned of TEFL recruiters who lurk on TEFL Forums for years and have the highest post count, because they are usually there masquerading as a friendly and helpful "fellow-teacher" to welcome you and gain your confidence. But within a week they will send you a friendly PM with some great job opportunity or a referral to "an honest agent" or even recommend "the best TFEL course" that they themselves took. They will use photos suppossedly of themselves in their icon box and may even attach props to their signature lines, like resumes, diplomas, or tefl certs which will make newbies feel they are talking with an expert. https://www.eslbase.com/forum/viewtopic ... fl-forums/

To be very clear, I have never solicited anyone here or elsewhere for anything, do not PM visitors, and am not a member of the CFTU. HOWEVER, I certain support the CFTU and ANY person or groups including The China Scam Patrol, CTA. ETA, ChinaScamWatch.org, etc. that warns people of any profession about scam artists and identity thieves.

It is ironic that the OP of this post is in fact the biggest spammer on this forum with over 150 posts of his resume, which may or may not be real. My name is certaininly not "Vagabond" and his name may not be "John". Keep that in mind as well as the above link. BTW... I may be wrong but I have not seen a single post from the CFTU on this forum, only some links to CFTU newsletters and their website - about two dozen in the last 3 months, from multiple users, not what I would call "spam".
Before taking any teaching job in China make a quick visit over to https://reddit.com/r/ChinaScamCentral and https://reddit.com/r/TEFLreviews so your dream job does not become a nightmare.
John V55
Top Contributor

I don’t recruit, send PMs or spam out to the same anonymous spam sites.

Try to see the funny side of it. You all worked for the bottom end dregs of the TEFL industry. Some of you were fooled by the high salaries, others worked on the wrong visas … None of you lived a high life with loads of money; you’re the losers who got scammed and deported and naturally you’re annoyed about it.

Yet let’s be honest, you’re not the brightest of bunnies. We all make mistakes, but even having been fooled, some several times, you’re still promoting the pot of gold at the end of the TEFL rainbow and pointing fingers at recruiters.

You still haven’t realized the majority of business run language centres looking for people like yourselves is the scam itself. You got deported and a week later they had another performing clown with wide eyes in your place while you’re busily promoting the same high flying lifestyle you’re telling others to be aware of.

There is no party life huge salaries job and no one put a gun to your head. You volunteered to be scammed. What’s not to laugh about? :lol:
John V55
Top Contributor

The difference between you and I Vagabond is I don’t have to hide behind anonymity. I’ve never been arrested or deported, or worked on false visas or fake qualifications … If you’re going to discuss who I am, here I am. You brought up the subject of who I am, now who are you?

Never a good idea to call people out if you can't come into the open yourself.Why do I get the feeling you’ll either ignore this or change the subject. ;)
Atlas
Rising Star

Unread post by Atlas »

Well my goodness, some welcome comedy! Sir, last week when you started ragging on the CFTU (even though they did not post anything here on this forum) It made me wonder about your motives, and I tried to make you aware of the following if you recall...

Sir, I have been watching your feuds with Cricket and the others about you being opposed to scam reporting sites and all the people and groups that post them. I have no choice but to now think you yourself may have something to hide, or may be fronting or fishing for some black school or could be a recruiter yourself for all we know. One of the others pointed out that you have been lurking on this forum for years and soliciting the new arrivals with PMs. This is the sort of crap that happens on ESL Cafe and not something we expect or want to see on this honest forum. Also, always posting your resume over and over again does not help your credibility and some people will see it as a prop. You are not even legally allowed to teach in many countries because of your age. So what is the purpose of the resume?

I also notice that anyone and every one who does not agree with you is suddenly part of some conspiracy or some group like the CFTU, CTA, ETA, ChinaScamWatch. org, China Scam Patrol, etc. WTF? Aren't people allowed to disagree with you? You seem to have a hair up your ass about certain things in which others cannot argue with you. As fot your crazy attack on the CFTU, I had dealings with them in 2014-2015 and personally attended one of their monthly meetings, and here is what I personally learned:

- They don't sell anything (no products or services

- They don't endorse any school, company, or people

- They are all volunteer foreign teachers

- They don't do any job placements

- They don't recruit or even make referrals

- They don't even sell advertising

- Greg and Debbie have been co-chairmen as long as I remember until Debbie got married and disappeared for a year

- Their membership is free

- They never asked me for a dime for anything

- Their newsletters are useful (3 samples are below)

- They helped me collect my last pay check and release letter from Hampson which jerked me around for 3 months

Although I signed up as a member (just to get a newsletter subscription) I never went to another meeting and only went to one Holiday dinner at the Goose and Duck Bar.

So considering all of the above and the below links, I think you are either barking up the wrong tree, or like i said, you are afraid of being exposed for something unethical. I really don't know who you really are or why you live 24-7 on this forum, but my gut tells me you are either recruiting or fronting for something. Unlike you sir, I will not accuse of anything without some solid evidence, but I just have a bad feeling about you.

Regarding the CFTU, I think these speak for themselves;

https://docdroid.net/o5MrLc6/cftunewsletter128-pdf

https://docdroid.net/62qeqhq/cftunewsletter120-pdf

https://docdroid.net/9eTuyGK/cftunewsletter125-pdf

I think the real reason people like you and other recruiters don't like the CFTU is because they teach new teachers how to find their own jobs directly without middlemen and even provide the list of employers and contact info for free: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFTU/

The CFTU also publish articles like this... https://eslwatch.info/en/articles/asia- ... nteed.html

Lastly, someone was caught a few years ago impersonating the CFTU trying the smear the group as you can see in the first article here: https://opnlttr.com/search/node/CFTU

They helped me collect my 15,000rmb from Hampson for free so I am grateful for their help, and I am sure I am not the only one. Lastly, this article her about Contract Fraud is probably the most useful and valuable article that I ever read online, and actually helped me earn $3,000 more a year. https://chinaforeignteachersunion.wordp ... contracts/

So whatever beef you have with the CFTU, I hope you will fess up and tell us what they did to you and why. Did they expose you on their blacklist by your real name or ????? https://www.docdroid.net/ZU9pFSI/cftu2020blacklist-pdf

Despite my comments, it seems you still have some ax to grind with the CFTU. Can you please tell us what they did to you John V?
Look Before You Leap at https://reddit.com/r/teflscams
John V55
Top Contributor

Next one please and another post of eight spam links to the same anonymous pages. It never changes does it. :) I don’t ask anyone to agree with me and I’m not having a feud with anyone. You spam, I comment.

I don’t link out to black or white lists, or favour one recruiter over another, or live on the forum 24/7. I come and go and at the moment have some spare time on my hands.

No need to have a bad feeling about me, I’ll never continuously link out to anonymous web pages or disparage any particular recruiter. Certainly, one of the other spammers could say I solicit newcomers with PMs, but I think the site owner will verify I don’t and so it’s all part of the collective effort of the spammers to discredit anyone opposing an illegal union. Well known across the Internet, but it doesn’t work on me. Now if I was recruiter you really would be able to go to town on me. :)

I’m quite happy to discuss scams, but in recent posts on the subject all they comprise of is links to the same sites and the same anonymous pages all repeating the same thing. It’s why it’s called spam. I have no personal axe to grind with the CFTU.
I don’t like spam I know CFTU is part of a link farm and does that trouble you? I don’t like newbies to be led down the same path you went down and I give warnings against it.
John V55
Top Contributor

I’ll make a prediction.

There will come a time in the not too distant future when this forum will grind to a near halt. No forum can withstand the amount of tacky spam links that pass for information presently coming out of here, which is why other TEFL sites don’t allow it. It’s a short term gain in post numbers at the expense of links to low authority spam sites.

Although they contain no follow link juice, (the spam sites do not share in the authority of the host site), Google is following them as links and left to continue will eventually discover TEFL.net is now part of the same link farm.

The solution is:
• Ban the spammers as other TEFL sites do and delete the spam threads and posts.
• Introduce a policy of no linking out to anonymous ‘link farm’ sites.
• Go back to the previous method of links being only clickable if the user is logged in. The spammers will quickly disappear as they previously did. They only came back because the links were made live again.
Cricket
Top Contributor

Unread post by Cricket »

Perhaps maybe you can come down of your high horse and lose your "holier than thou" self righteous attitude and allow others to have opinions that are not the same as yours JohnV. Just because you live on this forum 24/7 doesn't make you right about every topic or give you the right to bully others. I cannot speak for others but I am just as passionate of my views and opinions than you are of yours. The difference is that I try to help others avoid hidden problems that hundreds of others have experienced whereas you try to convince people that you know everything about everything and spam your resume hundreds of times here on the Forum. We are all impressed with your resume John (assuming it is real) But stop being so selfish and let others voice their views and ideas. Check out this video JohnV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmPyj7JwcM

Your conspiracy theory about the CFTU is lame and getting old John. They have not even posted in this forum from what I can see, and just because someone posts one of their old links to support an argument or to give an example doesn't mean the person referring to the link is a member or leader. Since you are so upset with them, why don't you go where they live and air your beef with them directly? Or in the alternative, invite them to come here and hash out your differences. You never did tell us what they did to you? Did they blacklist you as a job agent or identity thief or what? I don't see them even talking about you anywhere John. Here is where you can find them John, go knock yourself out so we can talk about other more useful topics https://reddit.com/r/cftu and https://ruqqus.com/+cftu. As for my part I will not even mention the C word any more unless you keep making crazy comments that are either not true or not relevant.
Before sending off your resume or passport scan, be sure to check https://reddit.com/r/teflscams and to vaccinate yourself against foreign teacher job scams.
John V55
Top Contributor

It’s nothing to do with a high horse attitude. Just as you argue against scammers, I too argue against those that send them into the scam sector. Personal opinions are not an endless set of links to the same spammy web pages. I’m not stopping anyone posting their views and opinions, feel free, but then allow me to voice mine.

Talking about boasting, where have I mentioned I earned a fantasy salary, spent my weekends living the high life by illegally freelancing in China and telling others they can do the same by following spam links?

I’m prepared to remove my resume and swop it for an article I’ve written, as I have done in the past. Of course, I expect you to remove your signature spam links and put up something you’ve published yourself in the past. As that’s never going to happen, why go on about it?

The Chinese Foreign Teachers Union don’t have to post, they’ve got you and the anonymous others to do it for them on the same anonymous websites. The illegal China Foreign Teachers Union can’t blacklist me because I’m independent and that’s what allows me to have my say with just poster attacks which don’t bother me.

Talking of things that are not true or not relevant, here’s one of your spam links you gave you forgot to answer, so I’ll repeat it here.

‘I rarely click on these spam links, but I clicked on your bottom link. Imagine my surprise when it took me to a reddit page by the China Foreign Teachers Union and from there another link took me to a spammy looking esl list with pages of worldwide private school websites and recruiters (Saxoncourt), put there by anonymous posters with 99% having zero reviews. In the comments section, one of the two comments is by CFTU (surprise, surprise), with a link to another anonymous ruqqus page giving a list of the highest paying schools in China. Unfortunately, they’re top end International Schools and wouldn’t hire unless you’re a qualified teacher … For heaven’s sake, unless you're scam proof don’t get lured into these spam links. The whole thing made me shudder at the amount of scamming that will be going on here.

Did I say something wrong? Why are you so against anyone discrediting an illegal union that is an obvious part of a link farm and post out so many spam links to anonymous webpages that endorse them? You wouldn’t be a member of CFTU would you? Surely not. :) Don’t worry about it Cricket, I won’t spend my life arguing against spammers, but I’ll give the ones you lot are trying to spam a few warnings before I let it go.