Recruiter "zhirui100" bad contract?

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

ted white

Recruiter "zhirui100" bad contract?

Unread post by ted white »

Hi,

I am a non native English teacher and I applied for a English teaching position at this recruiting website Zhirui100.

After sending my credentials and after a Skype interview I am offered to sign a contract for a 5.000rmb a month, meals and rent included.

Since this is my 1st experience teaching abroad, I want to ask your opinion about the salary: compared to
other recruiters it seems low.
Also in the contract there are 150 or more "penalty fees" for showing up 5 minutes late.
In addition, the contract explains that I am not allowed to receive overnight guests in my apartment without
the permission of the school.

I am not familiar with these contracts: is this a "bad contract". I am still confused if taking this job or
pass on.

thank you
Susan
Top Contributor

Re: Recruiter "zhirui100" bad contract?

Unread post by Susan »

I wouldn't work for anyone who tells me who can visit my home at night. The rest I can't comment on, I've never worked in China.

Susan
John V55
Top Contributor

Unread post by John V55 »

Obviously, I haven't seen the contract, but 5,000 would be about average for no experience and not at all bad for a non-native speaker.
All contracts have penalty clauses. What you need to do is ask the company for teacher emails; people who have worked for them before. A refusal or an absence of, means beware! Next trawl the internet for the company name as scam on sites like Davesesl café.
The reason for no night visitors is usually if your accomodation is within the school grounds – for obvious reasons.
ted white

Unread post by ted white »

Thank you John for your answer. I will ask for the emails of other employees.

I d like to ask you John what schools have FEB and AUGUST off?