Teaching In Beijing, China

Discussion about jobs in Asia inc. Middle East

Moderator: Joe

SushiBoi

Teaching In Beijing, China

Unread post by SushiBoi »

Hi all,

I'm wanting to teach in Beijing and was hoping if anyone could give me any tips on how to find a teaching job in Beijing. I have a degree with no previous teaching experience, but I'm hoping to start a TEFL course in the next month or so.

Is it possible to get a teaching job in Beijing without a TEFL certificate?

I'll be grateful if anyone could give me any advice on this issue.

many thanks
Julia

Unread post by Julia »

Hola sushi-man,
I hope you still go on this forum...it's been a month and a half since you posted this! Well, i'm going to Beijing in January and I sort of have a teaching job without having a lot of experience. I'd love to hook up with you and everybody planning on GOING to Beijing or already there... give me a shout please, okay? :D
shanghaimm

Unread post by shanghaimm »

Why Beijing? Shanghai 100 times better! :D

Your Connection to Shanghai (LINK)
Julia

I know!

Unread post by Julia »

yeah I know! Well I guess so... so are you in Shanghai? I'll come to visit you!! I'll be in Beijing because I've got family there and i'd like to spend some time with them... There's more life in Shangai, right? Gee... how's the teaching going?
SushiBoi

Unread post by SushiBoi »

Hi Julia,

Good to hear that you got a job teaching English. How did you go about getting the job?

I'm actually in Beijing now learning Mandarin and hopefully completing my tefl course in the next few weeks!!

You should drop me a line when you get here so we can hook up.

Sushiboi :mrgreen:
Julia

Unread post by Julia »

Hey sushi!
So good to hear from you! I found the job through http://www.tefl.com. I'm booking my flight right now. How is life over there? Where are you learning Mandarin? I've been searching on the web and found it hard to find schools. I've been learning it very slowly for about a year but from January on I'd like to get it going properly, the learning Mandarin. How's life in Beijing? Gee i'm really happy to be able to talk to you, being over there already. Why don't you drop me an email? I'd love to hear how you're getting on! smellslikeadults@yahoo.es
Hugs,
Ju