Speakout coursebook

Help, tips and advice in teaching English

Moderator: Joe

Spikewall

Speakout coursebook

Unread post by Spikewall »

Hi everyone, I know this place is not for doing advertisements, but I need to ask if you know somewhere where classes are teaching with speakout bbc book. I would like to get an online course with this book.
Thank you.
Briona
Top Contributor

Re: Speakout coursebook

Unread post by Briona »

Hi there,

First, are you a teacher or a student? It really isn't clear from your post. In any case, I think you need to narrow the field a bit - the world's a big place. Did you have a particular country or city in mind?

Note that while a school might use the Speakout series for one or two levels, they are unlikely to use it across all levels, not least because there are six books but most schools have seven to nine levels for adults. Furthermore, schools have a habit of changing their coursebooks from year to year, so I don't think it's a good idea to choose somewhere based on the books they are using now. A teacher who can/will only use one series of books isn't an awful lot of use. I've worked in over seven schools and have used at least four different series of books in each one.

Finally, online classes are usually private ones, meaning that you can use whatever book(s) you want to. Be advised though that no one series of books works for every student in every situation - you really do need to vary the materials you use.

Briona
Experience teaching in Vietnam, Portugal, Poland, Spain, the UK, and Qatar
Spikewall

Re: Speakout coursebook

Unread post by Spikewall »

Briona thanks for your information and advice. You are right, centers change their coursebooks from year to year. I'm a student B2 level and now, I will use another coursebook.