How to earn money through teaching?

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

TJhamm

Re: How to earn money through teaching?

Unread post by TJhamm »

I've tried doing online teaching through platforms a few times. It was okay but I didn't really see it as that sustainable long term. I know a few people who have their own online schools and seem to do quite well. However, if your goal is to make money, in-person teaching still seems to be the way forward. Just make sure you pick the right place to live.
YbenDevis

Unread post by YbenDevis »

Hey, teaching can indeed be a fulfilling way to earn money while sharing your knowledge.
MrGreg

Unread post by MrGreg »

I suggest making a website and any worksheets that you have made, upload them onto a shop mechanism.

One of my friends did this and earns a couple hundred per month passively.
YbenDevis

Unread post by YbenDevis »

YbenDevis wrote: 21 Sep 2023, 09:18 Hey, teaching can indeed be a fulfilling way to earn money while sharing your knowledge.

If you're interested in teaching and looking to make some extra cash, you might want to explore some of the best side jobs in education. These can include options like tutoring, either in person or online, and even creating your own educational content, like eBooks or online courses.
Online tutoring has gained a lot of popularity lately, thanks to platforms that connect students with tutors. It's a flexible way to teach and can be done from the comfort of your home. Plus, you get to help students excel in their studies!
seylen

Unread post by seylen »

In today's digital age, there are numerous avenues to explore, and leveraging technology can significantly enhance your teaching ventures. One avenue worth exploring is incorporating software solutions into your teaching approach. Platforms like e-learning systems, virtual classrooms, and educational applications can open up new and exciting possibilities. For instance, consider exploring Learning Management Systems (LMS), such as those mentioned on https://computools.com/. These systems provide a centralized platform for managing course materials, assignments, and communication with students. By integrating such solutions into your teaching methods, you can create a more streamlined and efficient learning experience. Embracing online tutoring through platforms that connect students with tutors offers a flexible way to teach, all from the comfort of your home. This not only expands your reach but also provides students with personalized attention.
Wendy1969
Rising Star

Unread post by Wendy1969 »

I think whilst online learning/teaching may offer a more personalised and flexible approach towards teaching/learning, one should not overlook the fact that in-person teaching/learning is still much needed to improve one’s social and communications skills.

Perhaps, educational centres should offer a blended teaching/learning approach whereby a mix of in-person and online learning can be organised for small groups of students. For example, students and teachers only come to class at the beginning of the week - to discuss what they are going to learn/research/study for the week. Then, at the end of the week, the students can get together with the teacher again to go through what they have learnt or what needs clarifying or to hand in any assignments. That means, e.g. one does not need to go to or conduct an in-person class everyday.
handfulres

Unread post by handfulres »

You can tutor in many methods: you can choose to tutor groups, individuals, through online platforms or in person. Many teachers provide tutoring in the subject area they teach.
Wendy1969
Rising Star

Unread post by Wendy1969 »

TJhamm wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 14:03 I've tried doing online teaching through platforms a few times. It was okay but I didn't really see it as that sustainable long term. I know a few people who have their own online schools and seem to do quite well. However, if your goal is to make money, in-person teaching still seems to be the way forward. Just make sure you pick the right place to live.
I agree with you even though I have never done any sort of online teaching.

In-person teaching is still much better if one lives in the right place.