Can anyone help with Vietnamese Health system?

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

Finlay

Can anyone help with Vietnamese Health system?

Unread post by Finlay »

Hi. I hope this is the right section in which to post this. If anyone can help me with some urgent information I'd be very grateful.

My son is currently working as an English Teacher in Saigon. He is employed by a school and has been issued with a Vietnamese Health card (which I'll attach below).

A few days ago he went to the hospital because he was injured in a road accident and has torn a ligament in his knee. The hospital was Van Hanh Hospital at 781/B1-B3-B5 Hẻm 781 Lê Hồng Phong, Phường 12, Quận 10, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh.

Upon presenting his card he was told “We do not accept this one because we have some new government document delivered this morning that means we don’t accept this anymore”.

He could get no more information from them and they charged him for all the scans and treatment.

Back at his school, they said they had no information about this and weren't sure what the hospital was talking about. They couldn't help him.

My son is in a slight panic. He is new there, has little money and is very worried that he has no medical cover.

Can anyone give me information about this? Is there a new government regulation? If so, what is it please?

Is my son entitled to healthcare? That's what he was told when recruited.

This is his card and the hospital he attended.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.