Spam Thread Spring Clean

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

John V55
Top Contributor

Spam Thread Spring Clean

Unread post by John V55 »

Hopefully, now that there’s been a thread spam spring clean, the anonymous spammers Atlas, Cricket and Vagabond will take note. I suspect not as it’s what they’re here for, but I’ll certainly stay clear of it and we can get back to a semblance of normality.

These people wreck forums with their spam and scam links, poster attacks and any recruiter who disagrees with them. Even their images of a man shuffling dollar sign cups and the Great Wall of China link back to the illegal Chinese Foreign Teachers Union.

When you have a post of a single sentence followed by eight spam links to anonymous sites like reddit, opnltr, ruqqus and wordpress, plus two of the same in a signature line, you should know yourself you’re being baited.

You won’t see them on other TEFL forums because they know what they are and ban them from the outset. It’s why they hide on anonymous sites plugging fairy stories of high salaries and living a high life. Their promises don’t exist and those who have followed their spam links will have realized they’re just being led around in circles.

Phew! A breath of fresh air. :)
John V55
Top Contributor

Re: Spam Thread Spring Clean

Unread post by John V55 »

Currently we have around three spammers of Atlas, Cricket and Vagabond, with the more recent arrivals of Prometheus and 90% certain Blue Moon. Blue Moon managed only a few posts before reverting to form and linking out to a page by the China Teachers Alliance which includes the predictable spammy links to the usual anonymous sites, including the China Foreign Teachers Union. No surprise there.

Spammers left alone take over forums and wreck them. It’s why they’re banned on just about every forum in existence. Yet they’re not a personal danger. Spammers lead people into scams, they’re not the scam itself and no one ever got scammed unless they joined in. The spammers provide the bait and if you swallow it you have no one else to blame but yourself.

And so it continues. They won’t stop and if allowed they’ll just go on and on, one after another in an endless procession and you can see it now with your own eyes on this section of the forum. The same people, the same single agenda and the same links to the same anonymous pages. BAN THEM and BAN THE SPAM LINKS, whilst keeping an eye out for their return, because they will. When they realize it’s all over that’s when they’ll disappear as they did when the exact same thing happened a few years ago with the Chinese Foreign Teachers Union.

I’ve had my say, but it’s now up to you forum members to make your voices heard and not just sit on the side lines and watch and hope they'll go away - they won't unless they're forced off the forum.