Where to find short-term TEFL jobs

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

RileyDylan

Where to find short-term TEFL jobs

Unread post by RileyDylan »

Hi,

I have completed a 120-hour TEFL Diploma and am interested in going abroad to use it from January 2019 onwards.

For various reasons (including financial and personal), I'd like to start as an EFL Teacher with a 2 month or 3 month contract, ideally in Asia or South America.

However, I'm struggling to know where to look. Most jobs I've seen advertised are much longer-term. Can anyone recommend a good website listing short-term TEFL vacancies?

Best wishes,
Joe
Admin

Re: Where to find short-term TEFL jobs

Unread post by Joe »

RileyDylan wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 11:08 Hi,

I have completed a 120-hour TEFL Diploma and am interested in going abroad to use it from January 2019 onwards.

For various reasons (including financial and personal), I'd like to start as an EFL Teacher with a 2 month or 3 month contract, ideally in Asia or South America.

However, I'm struggling to know where to look. Most jobs I've seen advertised are much longer-term. Can anyone recommend a good website listing short-term TEFL vacancies?

Best wishes,
You want to teach IN Asia/S.America? Might be more problematic at present time considering Covid-19 travel restrictions. Two to four weeks of your 2-month period could be taken up with quarantine, depending on countries. That's if you even get employed. Would you be travelling from N.America or UK/Europe? Or elsewhere?

The obvious alternative is to look into teaching online.

But please leave any other comments or requirements.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :? " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
Blue Moon
Rising Star

Re: Where to find short-term TEFL jobs

Unread post by Blue Moon »

Great advice Joe. Thanks.
Watch your step in China. There is a pile of shit waiting for your foot around every corner that only laowai seem to step in. See https://reddit.com/r/workabroadfraud.