RETIREMENT PLANS FOR TEACHERS

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

rutherford

RETIREMENT PLANS FOR TEACHERS

Unread post by rutherford » 15 Apr 2017, 04:31

AM researching on retirement plans for teachers. i want to know if you are making adequate plans for your retirement as a teacher. If so, what are they? i would appreciate honest response from teachers in this forum. Thanks

John V55
Top Contributor

Re: RETIREMENT PLANS FOR TEACHERS

Unread post by John V55 » 15 Apr 2017, 05:18

Those of us who are a little older will probably be relying on the state (UK) pension, plus savings. Like millions of others, it never occurred to me to go private as I believed the UK ‘from cradle to the grave’ government dependency hype. I believe the UK state pension is stuck at around £80pw for expats? The many who are now exiting the UK, as I have, will make that go a lot further elsewhere and with savings, and health being OK, a little p/t work to supplement that, I’ll manage. My wife has farming land if the world economy becomes really bad.
That’s adequate to me, as I don’t expect the same relative lifestyle when I’m no longer working.
https://independent.academia.edu/JohnVA ... culumVitae

rutherford

Re: RETIREMENT PLANS FOR TEACHERS

Unread post by rutherford » 18 Apr 2017, 05:00

Thanks Mr John for offering your thoughts on the issue. For those teachers in Nigeria, pension is the way out. The reason is that savings diminish with consistent inflation rate. Times are hard in Nigeria now. That is why smart teachers plan adequately for retirement to avoid misery and poverty.