New TEFL Trainee/Student Here

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

AKCrystal

New TEFL Trainee/Student Here

Unread post by AKCrystal » 14 Feb 2016, 06:33

Just wanted to say hello.

I've just recently enrolled on a TEFL 120hr online course. As I can't do a classroom based course. Due to my work days not being on set days. Though I do hope to go to one at some point for the experience.

At this moment in time, my goal is to teach online/telephone, so I can teach after work, as well as my days off.

The reason I enrolled is because my work has just recently finished a round of redundancies. So I wanted a back-up plan, it had always been in the back of my mind to do an TEFL course. But the redundancy news certainly gave me a kick to actually go ahead with it.

Susan
Top Contributor

Re: New TEFL Trainee/Student Here

Unread post by Susan » 14 Feb 2016, 20:36

Welcome.

Sounds like a good plan.

Hope you'll come back with questions and comments on your experience.
Lucy Pollard's Guide to Teaching English

AKCrystal

Unread post by AKCrystal » 16 Mar 2016, 07:45

Hi Susan

Thanks for the welcome. Sadly due to illness and having to work almost 6 days a week. My studies have been delayed a bit. I'm working on the grammer module of the course (I hated grammer in school). I have also found a degree course by the University of Leicester for Applied Linguistics and TESOL, so I'll be looking into that and possible student loans, for my next choice.

But from what I have read of the course. I'm actually looking forward to my studies, and even learning things about grammer I wasn't taught in school (who knew).

Susan
Top Contributor

Unread post by Susan » 16 Mar 2016, 19:15

Great. It sounds good.

Best of luck.
Lucy Pollard's Guide to Teaching English