Help with my Assignment

For general discussion between teachers

Moderator: Joe

Yoliswat
Registered Member

Help with my Assignment

Unread post by Yoliswat » 11 Jul 2018, 17:04

Hi

I’m struggling with my TEFL assignment , required to create a 60 minute reading lesson plan using provided reading text on The Inuit topic. I am teaching young adults aged 18- 24. Need to include a communicative speaking activity to follow the reading.

Anth444
Registered Member

Re: Help with my Assignment

Unread post by Anth444 » 13 Jul 2018, 13:13

Hi,

how are you getting on with this, I have just started the same assignment, and I'm a little lost.

Ant

Yoliswat
Registered Member

Unread post by Yoliswat » 15 Jul 2018, 13:11

My information is all over the place....I’ve started selecting the words and phrases that I’m going to teach in context of the reading text. Next step will be the activities they will do. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I think I keep changing my mind about what I’m expected to do.

Anth444
Registered Member

Unread post by Anth444 » 16 Jul 2018, 17:48

Well this does feel like a very similar situation to myself, I've had to take a few days off. I'm hoping to have a fresh look soon. I was slightly concerned by the fact that we are not given an aim or objective for the lesson. I have now decided that this is a good thing as it leaves a lot of room for what ever kind of lesson we plan. I feel like after working through the online course in what I thought was a successful way - the first assignment is quite a challenge. I haven't studied in a long time , so we'll see

Yoliswat
Registered Member

Unread post by Yoliswat » 04 Aug 2018, 05:21

We are actually on the same boat, I haven’t studied for a long time too. I’ve now decided to consult the online tutors to direct me.

claudia3813
Registered Member

Unread post by claudia3813 » 19 Dec 2018, 21:47

How did you two get on? I am having the same issue. I've been staring at this assignment for two months. I have contacted student support who were not helpful at all. Any help would be so appreciated :(

LeraorVa
Registered Member

Unread post by LeraorVa » 24 Jan 2019, 09:41

For all people who use sites that help with studying I recommend to read an article - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/1 ... al-damage/ that tells us about the fact that india bans homework services!

SDLewandoski
Registered Member

Unread post by SDLewandoski » 11 Feb 2019, 00:20

Hey guys!
I am currently at this stage and am completely overwhelmed/lost I'm not knowing where to start or how to go about this!
I've taken this course very seriously and have finally completed all the courses but left the assignments to last (regretfully.)
I have done the pre-reading and re looked at all the units mentioned to help.
Can I please use your guidance on how to get started and what to do in order to get the grades I need.
Thank you so much for your time!