i-to-i job placement guarantee or going alone

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions

Moderator: Joe

GatorGrad

i-to-i job placement guarantee or going alone

Unread post by GatorGrad »

First, has anyone gone through i-to-i ( http://www.i-to-i.com/paid-jobs-abroad/) for their first TEFL job ? They seem fairly confident in being able to get you a job. My preference would be a ESL job in Spain, but I'm not too sure how difficult it will be without assistance.
As for my qualifications: I have bachelors degree from the University of Florida, No TEFL Certificate, but it shouldn't be too hard in getting one, and I'll have a full-year of experience in a consulting firm before I leave.

Thanks.
globalmj

Re: i-to-i job placement guarantee or going alone

Unread post by globalmj »

I am curious about this and i-to-i well. I am seriously considering doing the online certification this january but am not sure how the placement is.. what types, etc..

I have a masters and have taught at college level in Eastern Europe and the US.
Doogs

Re: i-to-i job placement guarantee or going alone

Unread post by Doogs »

I've just completed i to i's forty hour online course, and I'm off to teach in China in two weeks. I didn't get the job through i to i though, I just looked through the job forums on various EFL websites.

From what I gather through reading i to i's own literature on job hunting, Spain could be a tough nut to crack for your first job. A lot of European schools want a lot of teaching experience from applicants and they can afford to pick and choose due to the popularity of Europe as a teaching destination. I think a lot of people feel they would prefer a less 'alien' culture to live in than they would find in other countries.

Do i to i charge for their services? From what I gathered when researching jobs, agencies should charge the school, not the teacher, for their services. General advice seems to be stay away from those that ask you for money.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Gandhi.