Advice wanted (seeking job/placement)

Discussion about jobs and employment conditions

Moderator: Joe

VenusMermaid

Advice wanted (seeking job/placement)

Unread post by VenusMermaid »

Hi everyone,
I have been looking into doing TEFL abroad for a while. I am 22F from the UK and I’ve been working with children since I was 16 and tutoring both in schools and online. I have a BA degree in English and I am doing a PGCE 1 year course at the moment so working towards being a primary teacher in the UK. I also have a 120 hour TEFL certification but it was only an online one. I have been looking for 3-6 month placements but keep getting spammed by companies trying to sell me what seems to be an overpriced “tefl” certificate and holiday. I think I have the right experience and qualifications to find something where I can work for a wage as an and I am open to going to most countries. Any pointers in the right direction would be amazing! I would love to travel and try something new for a bit before doing my ECT 2 years and settle down somewhere. Thanks in advance 🙂
John V55
Top Contributor

Re: Advice wanted (seeking job/placement)

Unread post by John V55 »

With a degree in English and a PGCE, you’re already well set. Perhaps get a bit of experience in the UK first? Try for International schools not the dead end TEFL private sector. Decide where you want to go and do your TEFL course there, a lot cheaper. With your qualifications a TEFL certificate is just an add on.