Teaching Telephone Intrabusiness telephone communication

Discussion on teaching Business English

Moderator: Joe

cloa513

Teaching Telephone Intrabusiness telephone communication

Unread post by cloa513 »

I am an Australian. I have had a few year experience teaching ALT in Japan however now I have a student who is a strategic planner for an electronic devices. The point of the lessons is to allow him to handle telephone calls in English from branches in China who are asking for head office authorisation on contracts or similar. I have some ideas on how to teach this such as general pronunciation and improving his ability to ask questions- he didn't ask many questions at his trial lesson though his chosen location was unconducive for teaching and learning- a restaurant. I need to know what terms to search for to find appropriate ideas or materials?
I am hoping he will give me more details of how the calls play out such if they use appropriate formal language and how technical/legal is the content. I have 2 hours of lesson time.
cloa513

Re: Teaching Telephone Intrabusiness telephone communication

Unread post by cloa513 »

I am think the most similar type of situation is a boss discussing a proposal with an employee to form a proposal written for a senior manager to action. I just want to find some written discussion like that then I will form a lesson part from that. We will do other types of useful exercise until I pin exactly what his problems in communication are.