course recommendations

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

Tahini4

course recommendations

Unread post by Tahini4 »

I'm at the stage of looking at doing a TEFL course, and asking here for course recommendations please. There are so many out there, and scams as well, apparently.
To those of you who were satisfied with the course you did, would you please let me know where/when you did it?
My two main prerequisites are:
1. I cannot do the intensive course, so would need a part-time option. But I can check it out with any recommended schools myself, if they have that option.
2. I need to be able to access it from the south-east of England - so either local or online.
Many thanks.
Meena9885

Re: course recommendations

Unread post by Meena9885 »

Certainly! It's great that you're considering a TEFL course. Finding the right one is crucial, and it's wise to seek recommendations to avoid scams. Based on your prerequisites of needing a part-time option and accessibility from the south-east of England, here are a few suggestions:

TEFL Org UK: They offer a variety of part-time and online TEFL courses. They have a strong reputation and are well-regarded in the industry. You can check out their website for course options and locations.

Cambridge University: The University of Cambridge offers an online CELTA course, which is highly respected worldwide. While it's intensive, some centers may offer part-time options. Check with their local centers in the south-east of England for more information.

Oxford Seminars: They offer a 100-hour online TEFL/TESOL certification course. It's part-time and can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, including the south-east of England.

i-to-i TEFL: They provide both online and in-person courses. You can explore their range of part-time options and find one that suits your schedule.

Before making a decision, I recommend reaching out to these institutions to inquire about course availability in your area and their part-time options. Additionally, consider reading reviews and asking for recommendations from people who have taken these courses to ensure you make an informed choice. Best of luck with your TEFL journey!