Fake TEFL Accreditation websites

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

MiaWilliams
Rising Star

Fake TEFL Accreditation websites

Unread post by MiaWilliams » 09 Feb 2020, 15:33

Due to the fact that this thread has been taken over by a TEFL course troll, in an attempt at deflecting the original question asked, I thought I'd quickly summarize for you the main gist of this thread.

We know that the troll represents one of the TEFL programs, belonging to "The Group"

We know that the MyTEFL operation is run by Ben Glickman, even though he represents his company as a 'Tyler K', and we know that the ottsa accreditation is fake - set up by the "TEFL Group" in order to lure in unsuspecting customers who see the ottsa symbol on their websites as a confirmation of professional accountability.

This is a scam.

We would never have even bothered to spend time on this, except "The Group" threw their TEFL toys out of the pram because we wouldn't delete a MyTEFL verified customer review and began spreading false, defamatory accusations about us online - such as the absurd ones that you can read below.

Since then we have been accused of being created and run by tefl online pro, and then accused of being created and run by the University of Toronto TEFL.

trustedteflreviews.com is an unbiased online TEFL course reviews website.

We are not affiliated, in any way, with any of the online TEFL programs that we list on our site.

If an online TEFL school receives more positive reviews than negative reviews, it means they are doing something right. If an online TEFL school receives more negative reviews than positive reviews, it means they are doing something wrong and they should focus on improving their product and services.

Read more about the bizarre behavior of the "TEFL Group" over at https://trustedteflreviews.com/

Please refer to this post also for further clarification from one of the TEFL program victims of the "TEFL Group" : https://tefl-online-pro-reviews.com/tesol-course-scams/

I can only imagine just how frustrating it is when you strive to be leaders in the field, only to be smeared online by bizzare, bitter competitors.

Mia Williams.
A real person, happily living in Vienna, who is not one to bow down to bullies and who is only the messenger.
Last edited by MiaWilliams on 17 Mar 2020, 02:48, edited 6 times in total.
https://trustedteflreviews.com/
Which TEFL? Helping you choose your best online TEFL/TESOL certification course.

MapleT

Re: Fake TEFL Accreditation websites

Unread post by MapleT » 23 Feb 2020, 09:22

Hello Mia,

Fake TEFL accreditation companies may or may not be a real thing, but fake TEFL review sites definitely are a cause for concern. I think it's a bit worrisome that an impartial review site would publicly promote falsehoods and lies about a TEFL course that questioned the validity of your website.

Since we have you on here, perhaps you would be willing to answer a few questions. There's a rising chorus, from multiple online TEFL courses featured on your site, that your review site --Trusted TEFL Reviews -- is completely fake. It is believed that your real purpose for managing the review site is to promote your own TEFL course, TEFL Online Pro. I hate being potentially wrong about information and calling you out this way, but you've left us with no choice but to question your motives. If you could dispell some of these rumours, it would be much appreciated.

Why were Trusted TEFL Reviews and TEFL Online Pro created in the same month within 10 days of each other? Why were both domains bought from the same internet company? Why did you pay extra to make the websites anonymous? And why were both websites registered in Panama? No rumours or speculation needed here. These are facts about the purchase and registration of your domains that any reader can verify.

How is that after MyTEFL questioned the legitimacy of your site, there was immediately a new scam section and multiple negative reviews about their company listed on your website? You've had the site for just under a year now. Can you prove that you didn't write these reviews as payback for them exposing you? Why are you not allowing MyTEFL staff to comment on your site in the comment section? Moreover, why are you creating fake comments and claiming that they are from MyTEFL?

Speaking of your review site, why does it look so fake? From the number of reviews, the randomness of reviews on there, the colourful comment section, and your persistent attacks on courses, the whole site looks fake.

How come TEFL Online Pro have zero other reviews on the internet? Nothing on Google or any reputable review site. Is it because you worry that real customers might have the ability to talk about how bad the course is? I guess controlling a review site and writing fake positive reviews for your company is a great way to control the narrative. What does that say about the quality of TEFL Online Pro? Why does the TEFL Online Pro site look very similar to yours? I believe both use the same Wordpress template even.

How is it possible for TEFL Online Pro to be created in March 2019 and win a Teachers' Choice Award a few months later on your site?

How come you don't have a LinkedIn profile or any real proof that you exist as a person? How come the operators of TEFL Online Pro also do not have any proof they exist until 2019? Both of you seem to post all over Quora, but do you actually exist? It almost seems like you are both fabricated. We can't find either of your businesses in any kind of public registration. You say you're a real person, and even post on the internet with your 'real name', but you don't exist until 2019.

Lastly, why did a man named Neville David Thomas claim to be one of the owners of TEFL Online Pro on various Facebook groups, yet he's not mentioned on TEFL Online Pro's website? A quick google search of 'Neville David Thomas TEFL Course' reveals that this is a man with a decade of experience making fake review sites to promote fake TEFL courses. Readers, don't take our word for it, just google the name. We imagine that TEFL Online Pro will desperately try to remove these posts from Neville D. Thomas, but we have pictures.

If you can answer any of the above questions, that would be great. It is our opinion that both Trusted TEFL Reviews and TEFL Online Pro were created by Neville David Thomas, and your whole site is an illusion to manipulate your audience into purchasing a course with TEFL Online Pro. Once MyTEFL questioned you on this, you began to attack them and other online courses. Maybe this is all a misunderstanding, but any clarification you can offer would be wonderful.

If we are correct about the true nature of your websites, we do feel sorry for you. The amount of work you've put into creating this ruse is nothing less than astonishing. Now that the truth is coming out, the hundreds of hours spent creating fake profiles and content are all wasted. Next time, please just conduct yourself in a more professional manner. It's a lot easier to be successful when you operate a business above board.

Please read more on the possible Trusted TEFL Reviews deception here www.teflonlineproreviews(.)com

And 'Mia', if you delete this thread, we will just post these questions about your sites on other forums. Please correct us on anything that we stated that is false or misleading. We believe we are correct with our questions, statements and evidence, but we want to hear your side of everything too. Just so you are aware, we are going to keep exposing the true nature of these sites and their connection to Neville Thomas until they are shut down. People who make fake TEFL courses have the potential to really hurt the individuals who put their trust in you that they are getting an authentic product.

Thank you.

MiaWilliams
Rising Star

Unread post by MiaWilliams » 08 Mar 2020, 03:56

Yes, we know exactly who you are, and why you have responded to this post.

The online attacks began in November, and it transpired that it was due to a "TEFL Group" who were not satisfied with some of their reviews published on Trusted TEFL Reviews.

So, we did a little digging, and came up with this little gem:

https://trustedteflreviews.com/2020/01/ ... -com-scam/

And you can read further, equally serious scams: https://trustedteflreviews.com/category ... rse-scams/

When we began our reviews website, we didn't realize just how filthy the Online TEFL industry is.

Major review websites deleting negative reviews. Major review websites charging to have negative reviews deleted. Major review websites run by Online TEFL schools. Fake accreditation websites set up by Online TEFL schools.

By the length of your post, and the emotion, I'd place money down that you know all about this.

The "TEFL group" are not happy because we didn't bow down to the pressure to delete their verified customer reviews. Like babies throwing their toys out of the pram.

So, they went on an online smear campaign against us, and our website traffic skyrocketed.

All the Online TEFL programs listed on Trusted TEFL Reviews have received both positive and negative reviews. Most schools take note and go about trying to improve their services and products. A few, namely the "TEFL Group" go in a different direction, as one would if one were a member of the Kim Dynasty in North Korea.

So, thank you for your out-the-blue reply, and we know who you are. We know all about your fake accreditation. We know how you treat your customers. And we know that you don't give a flying fig, as long as the money keeps rolling in.

Shame on you.

Mia Williams.
Which TEFL? Helping you choose your best online TEFL/TESOL certification course.

MiaWilliams
Rising Star

Unread post by MiaWilliams » 08 Mar 2020, 04:01

As an additional note:

trustedteflreviews.com is an unbiased online TEFL course reviews website.

We are not affiliated, in any way, with any of the online TEFL programs that we list on our site.

If an online TEFL school receives more positive reviews than negative reviews, it means they are doing something right. If an online TEFL school receives more negative reviews than positive reviews, it means they are doing something wrong and they should focus on improving their product and services.

To suggest otherwise is both absurd and, to me, suggests that this is probably a practice that you, yourselves, are fully involved with on other review sites that you have your TEFL course strings attached to.

Again, shame on you.

Mia Williams.

COLIN
Rising Star

Unread post by COLIN » 08 Mar 2020, 12:35

However, some TEFL courses have strict control on the posting of reviews. As such, they use the prerogative as not to permit negative reviews on their sites. This is the method that they use to hide their real identity and lure new innocent students onto their web. Only at the end of the course, that one may discover that they have been cheated, when it is too late with no returns and recovery.

MTE1369

Unread post by MTE1369 » 09 Mar 2020, 04:59

Mia, someone asked some pretty valid and reasonable questions about “your” site(s), Why are you unwilling to actually Answer them?

maryredfern

Unread post by maryredfern » 10 Mar 2020, 18:00

Great post.
Last edited by maryredfern on 19 Oct 2020, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

MiaWilliams
Rising Star

Unread post by MiaWilliams » 13 Mar 2020, 10:53

Again, another emotionally-charged post, written, probably, by a member of the "TEFL Group".

Please refer to this post for further clarification: https://tefl-online-pro-reviews.com/tesol-course-scams/

If you are to create false accreditation organizations, if you are to have negative reviews deleted from the websites you endorse and finance through advertising, then at least have the audacity to come clean.

The power of good vs bad is shifting, and, I'm afraid, you are on the latter side of the seesaw.

But thank you, for taking the time to reply so quickly. I mean, that's perfectly normal isn't it, for someone who isn't, in any way, connected to the Online TEFL scam rot.

Mia Williams

(I would give you my address in Vienna, but I feel rather uncertain about carrying out that decision)
Last edited by MiaWilliams on 17 Mar 2020, 02:41, edited 1 time in total.

MiaWilliams
Rising Star

Unread post by MiaWilliams » 13 Mar 2020, 11:01

MTE1369 wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 04:59
Mia, someone asked some pretty valid and reasonable questions about “your” site(s), Why are you unwilling to actually Answer them?
I did. Fully.

I also asked why you choose to pay for advertising on commercial online TEFL review websites, how it's possible for you to have the power to delete negative reviews, and, how you have the audacity to promote your courses with fake accreditation websites (such as ottsa)

Why do you scam so many innocent people every month?

Why not come clean and run an honest business?

Why all the non-transparency?

Mia Williams.

MiaWilliams
Rising Star

Unread post by MiaWilliams » 13 Mar 2020, 11:16

And here is a recent port on Trusted TEFL Reviews: https://trustedteflreviews.com/2020/03/ ... efl-group/

I repeat. Shame on you!

Shame on you, for trying to troll a serious debate.

Shame on you, for scamming innocent people.

Shame on you, for placing the crooked cards in your favor.

Shame on you, for only caring about money. Not people.

Mia Williams.

MiaWilliams
Rising Star

Unread post by MiaWilliams » 13 Mar 2020, 11:17

COLIN wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 12:35
However, some TEFL courses have strict control on the posting of reviews. As such, they use the prerogative as not to permit negative reviews on their sites. This is the method that they use to hide their real identity and lure new innocent students onto their web. Only at the end of the course, that one may discover that they have been cheated, when it is too late with no returns and recovery.
I completely agree, Colin.

Mia Williams.

maryredfern

Unread post by maryredfern » 14 Mar 2020, 10:15

Hello
Last edited by maryredfern on 19 Oct 2020, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

MiaWilliams
Rising Star

Unread post by MiaWilliams » 14 Mar 2020, 10:36

Dear member of the "TEFL Group".

Sorry, but you are simply delusional.

Last month I was accused of being a member of the management of the University of Toronto TEFL, and now you claim that I am Nevile Thomas.

You run second-rate Online TEFL courses, and up until now, you have had your sticky TEFL fingers all over the commercial reviews websites.

I really don't know how many times I need to repeat that I am the co-owner of trustedteflreviews.com and that my birth name is Mia Williams. And, more importantly, and why you are so passionate in this thread, we never delete verified customer negative reviews and we never, ever bow down to bullies like yourselves.

But, I do need to issue a big Thank You for helping our independent reviews website grow in its readership.

It's almost as if you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Over the last few months, I have received such hate mail from various people connected with certain Online TEFL programs. I have received threats. I have been called a 'dike', when what the person was trying to formulate was, 'dyke'. And my boyfriend has also been receiving disgusting messages.

We know the source of this personal abuse. And all because a few of your customer's reviews got through the net and you feel frustrated that you don't have the control to delete them, like you do on those other commercial review websites.

Sorry, but enough is enough. If you continue with this abuse, we will need to increase the warnings.

Again, we know who you are. And we can clearly see that you are a bully and shouldn't even be running a company.

Mia Williams

MiaWilliams
Rising Star

Unread post by MiaWilliams » 14 Mar 2020, 10:38

MiaWilliams wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 11:17
COLIN wrote:

Mia Williams.
Again, I completely agree, Colin.

maryredfern

Unread post by maryredfern » 14 Mar 2020, 10:55

:R:
Last edited by maryredfern on 19 Oct 2020, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.

maryredfern

Unread post by maryredfern » 14 Mar 2020, 11:00

Last edited by maryredfern on 19 Oct 2020, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.

MiaWilliams
Rising Star

Unread post by MiaWilliams » 14 Mar 2020, 11:26

We have nothing to do with any of the Online TEFL schools that feature on trustedteflreviews.com

If you have a question for a particular school then we suggest you take it up with them.

I think I know now why you are angry.

It's not because of this per chance is it?
https://trustedteflreviews.com/category ... rse-scams/

Or, this?
https://trustedteflreviews.com/category ... ditations/

Is it to do with the creation of a fake accreditation website, 'ottsa'?
Is it because we revealed 'Tyler K' as actually being a Mr. Ben Glickman, with an even dodgier past than you likely have?

Don't 'ottsa' accredit other "reputable" schools too?

Would you like us to publish the rest of the (damning) information we have on your "TEFL Group"? I mean, it's not defamation if it is true.

Food for thought!

Mia Williams
Vienna, Austria
And no, you are not having my street address. You scare me.

MiaWilliams
Rising Star

Unread post by MiaWilliams » 14 Mar 2020, 11:30

MiaWilliams wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 10:38
MiaWilliams wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 11:17
COLIN wrote:

Mia Williams.
Again, I completely agree, Colin.
I feel this needs another upvote :) It is particularly relevant to this thread.

maryredfern

Unread post by maryredfern » 14 Mar 2020, 11:39

Last edited by maryredfern on 19 Oct 2020, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.

MTE1369

Unread post by MTE1369 » 14 Mar 2020, 12:16

Mia, You have been asked more than once, I’m asking again;

There's a rising chorus, from multiple online TEFL courses featured on your site, that your review site --Trusted TEFL Reviews -- is completely fake. It is believed that your real purpose for managing the review site is to promote your own TEFL course, TEFL Online Pro.
1. Why were Trusted TEFL Reviews and TEFL Online Pro created in the same month within 10 days of each other?
2. Why were both domains bought from the same internet company?
3. Why did you pay extra to make the websites anonymous? And why were both websites registered in Panama?
4. How come TEFL Online Pro have zero other reviews on the internet?
5. How come you don't have a LinkedIn or any other Social Media Profile to show that you are in fact a real person?
6. How come the operators of TEFL Online Pro also do not have any proof they exist until 2019? Both of you seem to post all over Quora, but do you actually exist? It almost seems like you are both fabricated. We can't find either of your businesses in any kind of public registration. You say you're a real person, and even post on the internet with your 'real name', but you don't exist until 2019.
7. Why did a man named Neville David Thomas claim to be one of the owners of TEFL Online Pro on various Facebook groups, yet he's not mentioned on TEFL Online Pro's website? A quick google search of 'Neville David Thomas TEFL Course' reveals that this is a man with a decade of experience making fake review sites to promote fake TEFL courses. Readers, don't take our word for it, just google the name. We imagine that TEFL Online Pro will desperately try to remove these posts from Neville D. Thomas, but there are pictures(internet archives etc)

If you can answer any of the above questions, that would be great.

Thank you.