Using a story to illustrate your chosen target language.......

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

BeechyHayley

Using a story to illustrate your chosen target language.......

Unread post by BeechyHayley »

Hello,

My mind has gone completely blank. I am just a little confused and majorly overloaded with studying and reading for hours on end. Because I am more of a visual learner I sometimes read a question and interpret it differently to how others would read it therefore get myself confused.

This is what I am stuck on........

"When using a story to illustrate your chosen target language, is it acceptable to just pick up a book and go into the classroom and let the story dictate how you will read it?"

I would appreciate someone to elaborate what is probably a simple question but a question I am struggling to understand at this moment.

Thank you.
odyssey
Rising Star

Re: Using a story to illustrate your chosen target language.......

Unread post by odyssey »

BeechyHayley wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 14:14 Hello,

My mind has gone completely blank. I am just a little confused and majorly overloaded with studying and reading for hours on end. Because I am more of a visual learner I sometimes read a question and interpret it differently to how others would read it therefore get myself confused.

This is what I am stuck on........

"When using a story to illustrate your chosen target language, is it acceptable to just pick up a book and go into the classroom and let the story dictate how you will read it?"

I would appreciate someone to elaborate what is probably a simple question but a question I am struggling to understand at this moment.

Thank you.
To my mind the answer has to be No.

This may be more about the importance of preparation rather than reading specifically. Basically you shouldn't go into ANY class without your trusty lesson plan.