Help! Now they asked me to submit a lesson plan

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

jrv91320

Help! Now they asked me to submit a lesson plan

Unread post by jrv91320 »

When you took your tefl course, did they ask you to submit a lesson plan? I recently took an online tefl course and finished the 120 hours. Now they asked me to submit a lesson plan. They gave me 3 tries and I've been rejected twice. I only have one more try left. Do you know where I can find help?
John V55
Top Contributor

Re: Help! Now they asked me to submit a lesson plan

Unread post by John V55 »

Just came across this and so probably too late, but here's a selection:
https://www.academia.edu/11730502/ABL_TEFL_SYLLABUS
elfin

Unread post by elfin »

jrv91320 wrote: 28 Oct 2016, 00:37 When you took your tefl course, did they ask you to submit a lesson plan? I recently took an online tefl course and finished the 120 hours. Now they asked me to submit a lesson plan. They gave me 3 tries and I've been rejected twice. I only have one more try left. Do you know where I can find help?
Hi, I am in the same situation and I don't understand the reason since all of my papers are marked as correct. May I ask how did you resolve the problem? Many thanks for your time.
LV3

Unread post by LV3 »

I don't remember having to submit a lesson plan for any of my jobs. I did have to give a mini lesson in a couple of interviews.

The issue might not be with the pedagogy, but with how that approach fits with the particular students you'd be teaching.
MiaWilliams

Unread post by MiaWilliams »

I'm sure this isn't the case with your school, but some of the very cheap TEFL courses sometimes have a habit of failing lesson plans so they can then earn more money with a course extension payment.

Begin your lesson plan with the lesson objective. Follow with a warmer. Then the Presentation, Practice and Production sections (PPP). Conclude with a cooler and perhaps a suggestion for homework.
https://trustedteflreviews.com/
Which TEFL? Helping you choose your best online TEFL/TESOL certification course.
LV3

Unread post by LV3 »

Sorry, I confused this post with another one and thought you were talking about a job interview.