How to teach in Asia

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

kevinm

How to teach in Asia

Unread post by kevinm »

Hey, I'm a student from Canada. I'm hoping to be able to travel overseas to Asia (particularly Japan/Korea) and teach there. I have been researching a bit about TEFL and TESOL as well as EFL/ESL. I was wondering if anybody would be able to point me in the direction of what would be the best method of acquiring whichever certification would best for this. I am hoping to do ONLINE courses to reduce the overall cost of training, as I am usually a quick learner.

Thank you in advance.
kevinm

Re: How to teach in Asia

Unread post by kevinm »

Also, is any previous educations besides High-School required? I am a University student now, but I do not have any sort of degree yet. I was thinking of spending a few years abroad teaching before I eventually finish University.
rubyatiy

Unread post by rubyatiy »

Walter wrote: 29 Jul 2016, 07:29 Hi Kevin, I think this is a great idea. I also think if you can teach abroad then it will make it easier in the future when you come home to teach.

I believe that many kids in Asia have a willingness to learn too.
Yeah i also believe with those who are still on that field with teaching on abroad
rubyatiy

Unread post by rubyatiy »

Walter wrote: 29 Jul 2016, 07:29 Hi Kevin, I think this is a great idea. I also think if you can teach abroad then it will make it easier in the future when you come home to teach.

I believe that many kids in Asia have a willingness to learn too.
These are the things which are not defending the situation :R:
Mrdaudiqbal
Rising Star

Unread post by Mrdaudiqbal »

I think to teach in Asia not a very difficult task
EDDIERO

Unread post by EDDIERO »

In order to teach English in Asia, most teachers will require native level proficiency and a university degree. Some countries may require TEFL, TESOL, or CELTA certification and/or prior teaching experience. The average salary for teaching in Asia is $150 - $5,500 per month.