Foundation TEFL, who runs this course?

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

DanJJF

Foundation TEFL, who runs this course?

Unread post by DanJJF »

Hello there, new-ish teacher here, just finished a year of teaching in China and last week I finished the CELTA course. I have a question about an online course I took prior to teaching in China called Foundation TEFL. The website is http://www.foundationtefl.co.uk/ but I can't find any real information about it, primarily what school it is connected with. I was considering adding it to my resume, but I don't know if I should. I took the basic 40 hour version as a prerequisite to going to China (EF) and it wasn't bad, I guess. A lot of the information on the course is similar to CELTA.

So, my question is, has anyone here ever heard of the course? Do you know anything more about it; some information not included on their website?
Lola212
Rising Star

Re: Foundation TEFL, who runs this course?

Unread post by Lola212 »

Sorry, I do not know anything of the course but China must have been fabulous.
dondurand

Unread post by dondurand »

Foundation TEFL is linked to EF Education First. In terms of content it's up there with the best TEFL courses available.
beforum

Unread post by beforum »

I've done the foundationtefl 120hr and Lingua Edge 50 hr TESOL and Lingua Edge is better by a country mile. FoundationTEFL has no 3rd party accreditation (ACCREDITAT) either.
The Foundation TEFL has boring, uninteresting slides and a voiceover by some person who sounds like they would rather be somewhere else.
Unless you are getting the training provided by EF, I would avoid it at all costs. The website has no contact information, ie a phone number or an email address, only a web enquiry form.