CELTA Italy

Discussion about courses, qualifications etc

Moderator: Joe

Oldhamer

CELTA Italy

Unread post by Oldhamer »

Hi,

I'm currently looking at options for taking a CELTA at some point next year. The two countries i would like to teach in are Vietnam and Italy. I have done a fair bit of research into Vietnam and now I'm looking at Italy. So inevitably I have some questions I'd like to put to those of you with experience of this market.

I have a degree (BA from uni of Chester) and am looking to do the intensive 4 week CELTA but I would like to do it in the country I plan to teach in. Are there any CELTA centres in Italy that are recommend?

Also I know that the Italian economy is in trouble and I'm wondering what the job market for Tefl teachers is like at the moment.

On a more general note are there any books I can buy to prepare myself for CELTA and the terms and practices it involves? I'm traveling Canada at the moment and I'd like to use my down time to prepare for my next step.

Thanks in advance!

Brad
Alex Case
Top Contributor

Re: CELTA Italy

Unread post by Alex Case »

I don't know about Italy specifically, but I've had several people assure me that there are still jobs in Spain despite everyone's assumption that there can't be given the economic problems.

You can search centres by country on the Cambridge ESOL website and there isn't that much difference between CELTA courses generally. I'm sure a local branch of International House and/ or British Council must offer the CELTA if you're looking for a well-known name.

Pre-course preparation tips here