I have investigated all of the organisations you have listed & which are from the LTTC website & here is quick synopsis of what I was able to find out:
- I can find no mention of the LTTC on the ASET website & ASET doesn’t appear to list qualifications connected with TESOL/TEFL distance learning.
The certificate shown on the LTTC website is only an LTTC one, with no mention of ASET. If the courses are accredited by ASET, they are the Awarding body which sets the curriculum for the course, validates and monitors the course provider, and issues the final qualification (certificate, diploma, etc.). So, exactly what part do they play? Do they set the curriculum, audit/validate the LTTC courses & issue a certificate/diploma?
- Appears to be Swiss Quality award based on quality of systems/service. Similar to ISO9001, but nothing to do with TESOL/TEFL course evaluation or accreditation.
- Yes, the LTTC are listed as a course provider on their website, but this is not an accreditation either, nor any sort of quality standard.
The London Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- LTTC are apparently a member, but what bearing does it have on what is on offer? It’s not an accreditation is it? Surely it’s a ‘club’ for businesses?
The British Institute for Learning & Development
- As full members it appears that an individual or two within the LTTC can show by this membership, that they are qualified to teach. Not an accreditation scheme though.
- Virtually an international trade organisation for TESOL/TEFL course providers & teachers. Not an accreditation body.
- Do they exist or are they another organisation which appears to have been set up by a school themselves? I can only find reference to them on LTTC websites. I have searched Google, MSN & Yahoo, but they don’t appear to have a website, apart from a web page which is a Web Hosting domain, coincidentally with the same details as one connected to the LTTC.
I have found the IATQuO on some sites, but having investigated them, it would appear that they are a one man band, with virtually no recognition so far as qualifications are concerned.
- Although LTTC are listed, it would appear that the TEFL Board is just a subscription based course listing & not an accreditation scheme.
I have challanged the LTTC to correct or refute any of the above findings & they say they do not want to enter this sort of debate, so do draw your own conclusions, just as i have.
That's the lot for here but there is more in my other posting, connected with the LTTC within another forum here on: http://www.tefl.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1890
I hope this is useful.