Holiday Phrases and Places Lesson Plan
free, downloadable lesson plan with Student Worksheet and Teacher's Notes
Lesson Plan at a Glance
- Lesson Function 1: Introduce and practise topic-related vocabulary.
- Lesson Function 2: Create opportunities for practising fluency.
- Level: Intermediate to Advanced
- Time: 60 – 90 minutes
- Preparation: Photocopy 1 worksheet per student
A fun Pre-Intermediate/Intermediate lesson which practises holiday vocabulary through a gap-fill activity which leads on to a fun Mix'n'Match "quiz" on famous cities and sights.
Students practise expressing preferences through discussion about such holiday destinations before moving on to the fluency activity with questions such as:
- Would you like to be a tour guide? Why/not?
- What do you think are the good/bad points of the job?
This is a downloadable lesson plan that you can photocopy and distribute freely provided you do not modify its content.