Gender Lesson Plan
free, downloadable lesson plan with Student Worksheet and Teacher's Notes
Lesson Plan at a Glance
- Lesson Function 1: Introduce and practise topic-related vocabulary.
- Lesson Function 2: Create opportunities for practising fluency.
- Level: Intermediate to Advanced
- Time: 60 – 90 minutes
- Preparation: Photocopy 1 worksheet per student
Explore the linguistic aspect of sexual discrimination with this unusual worksheet on the topic of gender.
Discover the politically-correct way to refer to a waiter/waitress. Practise updating gender-specific statements so that they are less discriminatory. Enjoy stimulating discussion around questions such as:
- In what ways do you think the world would be a different place if more world leaders were women?
- How have the roles of men and women changed over the last fifty years?
This is a downloadable lesson plan that you can photocopy and distribute freely provided you do not modify its content.